+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Steve Smith?

Steve Smith?

Now before you get the tar and feathers hear me out. With the way Victor Cruz contract negotiation going would it be a bad idea to bring him back? He knows the offense and hasn't done anything since leaving ny to warrant a big payday. He will be begging to come back if Cruz walks. Would you guys be ok with it? Of course I would much rather keep Cruz but its not looking like he's gonna give a hometown discount. Thoughts? Or even amendola

All-Pro
    No.

I'd rather roll with Barden the Terrible...

Quote Originally Posted by dnotch121 View Post
    Now before you get the tar and feathers hear me out. With the way Victor Cruz contract negotiation going would it be a bad idea to bring him back? He knows the offense and hasn't done anything since leaving ny to warrant a big payday. He will be begging to come back if Cruz walks. Would you guys be ok with it? Of course I would much rather keep Cruz but its not looking like he's gonna give a hometown discount. Thoughts? Or even amendola
    He can't play anymore. He just isn't the same guy since the Microfracture surgery.
    Its too bad but its just the way it is.
    (Unless you mean Steve Smith from Carolina...Haha)
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    (Unless you mean Steve Smith from Carolina...Haha)
    Oh yeah if we could jack THAT steve smith, i'm all for it...

The two receivers are not connected. Smith can't replace Cruz' production.
    If we want to give Smith a look as a number 5 receiver on the cheap that's a whole different topic.
    His problem with being our #4 or 5 is that he isn't worth much on ST and all of our backup receivers need to excel there in order to stick. That is Barden's problem as well. Smith also hasn't shown that he is bak from the knee surgery at a level that allows him to compete in the NFL,
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    If we want to give Smith a look as a number 5 receiver on the cheap that's a whole different topic.
    His problem with being our #4 or 5 is that he isn't worth much on ST and all of our backup receivers need to excel there in order to stick. That is Barden's problem as well.
    #4 or #5 WR's need to play ST's.
    Its almost impossible to imagine that Smith would ever be a consideration for us.
    I actually think his career is over.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

NO.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    #4 or #5 WR's need to play ST's.
    Its almost impossible to imagine that Smith would ever be a consideration for us.
    I actually think his career is over.
    I agree that his career is likely over. I know this is an unpopular position among some here but Smith made the right decision to take the extra money for his family from the Eagles. Unfortunately, for a guy who we thought was social media saavy, he fumbled the end game here. That said, we were smarter than the Eagles in that transaction and so was Smith.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    His problem with being our #4 or 5 is that he isn't worth much on ST and all of our backup receivers need to excel there in order to stick. That is Barden's problem as well. Smith also hasn't shown that he is bak from the knee surgery at a level that allows him to compete in the NFL,
    When SS was in ny he was 1 of the best 3rd down Wr's in the league. He may not be a down field threat like Cruz but he kept the chains moving. We struggled a lot on 3rd downs lately. Most of it is Gilbrides fault but 3rd downs were his specialty.