+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Giants 2013 Draft Picks Needs

Hope this is an acceptable post for this forum
    This year at first glance the draft for the 1st round top picks appear to be lineman and Lb's. Kiper's pick at 19 for the Giants being a TE aside, I believe the Giants will go at 19 for d-line help because of the fall-off on the pass-rush, Osi probably gone, Tuck unmotivated, and the division's scramblers Washington's RG3 and Vick need to be held in check, then O-Line needing backup tackles, and LB in later rounds
    Past draft picks by Reese are on the bubble this camp and must produce as Jerry likes to stick with what he picked.

Any thoughts on the who for D-Line draft at 19, or position?
    Any thoughts on 2nd round selection by position?

Need to find a another young diamond in the rough WR. We can bring along RR and another he finds. We are fooling ourselves if we think JR will overpay to sign both nicks and Cruz
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Bench Player
    I don't think the Giants need to look for any other WR. If either Cruz or Nicks leaves the Giants have the talent behind them for someone to step up and be a player. The Giants need help on Defense. We need DL specifically DT's that can stuff the run, ILB we need an ILB that can make plays at the line of scrimage and help with stopping the run. CB we need a shut down corner and a Big hitting Saftey that can cover. The Giants needs on D are pretty extensive. Worst run Dfense in the league, Worst overall Dfense in the league!!!!! That says it all!!!!!! They need to revamp their system get players to improve our D where it needs improving and possibly a new Dfensive Coordinator.

I think the pick will ultimately be either DL or OL. Its the foundation that all great teams are built on and the giants have seemingly got weaker season by season over the past 5 years or so. Its that very same philosphy which Nick Saban has used to build his dynasty at Alabama. He always looks to fortify the lines with the big uglies first and foremost

I'd be surprised if we didn't grab the best DLineman available.

I wouldn't overlook corner. If Webster is retained, that almost eliminates signing a viable corner long term. Given that this team has drafted ahead impending need instead of an immediate fix, this could be the opportunity to draft a replacement while creating a setting to ease into the game rather than start immediately.

If Webster is released, then that just exacerbates the need, barring a major signing in FA which I still find unlikely for the position as it can be cost prohibitive.

1. 3 Tech

2. Nickel Pass Rusher

3. MLB

4. Cornerback

5. RT

Well. We gotta sign/restructure pretty much the entire OL as of now so it's too early for me to see what we will be top need come draft time...

Can olgetree play MLB? I know he needs development on run support but his speed and coverage skills are legit! I wouldn't hate the pick on day one of the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundown View Post
    Can olgetree play MLB? I know he needs development on run support but his speed and coverage skills are legit! I wouldn't hate the pick on day one of the draft.
    I've read alot that Ogletree is a 3-4 ILB and a 4-3 Will.. I hope he can grow into a 4-3 Mike