+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DLine it is

DLine it is

Well I guess it's safe to guarantee that Dline will be the pick in either the first, 2nd, or both. With Canty and Osi gone and Tuck on the decline the giants have NO depth on the dline. Time to stock up! Here's to Richardson, Ansah, etc.

I agree and would love to see us grab early round dline pick like Ansah or Richardson.......but depending on what happens with Diehl contract, and the possible re-signing of Boothe/Beatty......we may go Oline in the 1st.......

Quote Originally Posted by shane4177 View Post
    I agree and would love to see us grab early round dline pick like Ansah or Richardson.......but depending on what happens with Diehl contract, and the possible re-signing of Boothe/Beatty......we may go Oline in the 1st.......
    I know our Oline could use some major help at RT and we still need to resign boothe and beatty like you said, but they need to fix this 31st ranked defense with an impact defender in round 1. I won't be happy with offense.

Ya but for all we know, Jerry Reese is high on Markus Kuhn, Marvin Austin, Adewale Ojomo, and possibly Adrian Tracy, and could/or decide to move KIWI back to DE... My point is, they got a better understanding of guys we simply see on game day.. They watch em progress day in and day out and know more then us as far as if they think they will be successful given larger amounts of playing time and possibly starting..

We also lost Boley, so u could say the same thing at LB..

It looks like there is more depth at DE, so it would make sense to go DT in round 1 because a quality end will still be there in round 2.

I would love Richardson but I believe he's a top 15 pick so I'd go with Kawann Short or Sharrif Floyd in the first, then Magus Hunt, Okafor, Montgomery, etc in the 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Ya but for all we know, Jerry Reese is high on Markus Kuhn, Marvin Austin, Adewale Ojomo, and possibly Adrian Tracy, and could/or decide to move KIWI back to DE... My point is, they got a better understanding of guys we simply see on game day.. They watch em progress day in and day out and know more then us as far as if they think they will be successful given larger amounts of playing time and possibly starting..

We also lost Boley, so u could say the same thing at LB..
    Im not very optimistic about any of these guys being anything more than back end depth.Austin is the only 1 that has + physical tools. I think the defensive line is the 1 spot where u dont just hope guys are good . U overstock and let the chips fall.A team that has been so focused on the Dline over the years I just cant picture them counting on UFA's to replace All Pro's. Unless a change of philosophy is coming

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Im not very optimistic about any of these guys being anything more than back end depth.Austin is the only 1 that has + physical tools. I think the defensive line is the 1 spot where u dont just hope guys are good . U overstock and let the chips fall.A team that has been so focused on the Dline over the years I just cant picture them counting on UFA's to replace All Pro's. Unless a change of philosophy is coming
    Oh i agree for most part, but i'm basically saying theres alot of needs and don't be so sure that some of these moves made aren't because one or 2 of the guys we haven't seen alot of becuase they were basically behind veteran players or are developmental guys who are honing there crafts, are figuring into the equation alittle bit, ala David Tollefson.. Ojomo looked great in the Spring, but that dosen't mean hes gonna get great amount of reps instantly in the regular season.. Maybe Reese had em in mind for a yr down the rd when he pretty much knew OSI was gonna be gone and Tuck another yr further into his aging process... And Kuhn has a Chris Canty feel to em, and if he beefs up a few lbs, u might have a nice run stopper with length to bat down some passes, and a motor that allows him to get to the QB a bit...Obviously the Motor is more Kuhn, and not really Canty's fortay...

Those would be the 2 i would think possibly could be in our future plans.. Obviously ur probably right, and i tend to agree, but i'm just saying, i woulden't count it out completely...

Bench Player
    Giants need a BIG run stuffer!!!!!! I don't see Richardson or Short being enough. I honestly think Jesse Williams from Bama is the guy the Giants need. One he is strongest guy in this draft. He was said to be benching 600lbs!!!! He takes on Double teams and breaks thru them. He can collapse the pocket and take down the runner in the backfield. He is versatile enough to play any technique along the DL. Run stuffing is what he does best which is what the Giants need the most. He is quick off the snap and has good speed running 4.75 40's at 325-330 lbs. Keep an eye on this kid his stock is going to rise come the combine and once its over. Unless people here think Sean Rodgers is the answer to the Giants crappy run defense we need to draft a Pure Run stop DT/NT. I believe Jesse Williams is the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawdog550 View Post
    Giants need a BIG run stuffer!!!!!! I don't see Richardson or Short being enough. I honestly think Jesse Williams from Bama is the guy the Giants need. One he is strongest guy in this draft. He was said to be benching 600lbs!!!! He takes on Double teams and breaks thru them. He can collapse the pocket and take down the runner in the backfield. He is versatile enough to play any technique along the DL. Run stuffing is what he does best which is what the Giants need the most. He is quick off the snap and has good speed running 4.75 40's at 325-330 lbs. Keep an eye on this kid his stock is going to rise come the combine and once its over. Unless people here think Sean Rodgers is the answer to the Giants crappy run defense we need to draft a Pure Run stop DT/NT. I believe Jesse Williams is the guy.
    Short is a all around DT, that can play the run , makes plays in backfiel, sacks the QB, blocks kicks..etc Hes exactly what we need.. Jesse Williams is a one dimensional run stuffer who does nothing else...

I'd rather sign Glenn Dorsey for cheap and draft Kawaan Short personally...

Im down for a DT in the 1st, it is a big need.. as long as it's not Hankins

+ Reply to Thread