+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 31

Thread: DLine it is

  1. #11
    Bench Player
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Short is a all around DT, that can play the run , makes plays in backfiel, sacks the QB, blocks kicks..etc Hes exactly what we need.. Jesse Williams is a one dimensional run stuffer who does nothing else...

    I'd rather sign Glenn Dorsey for cheap and draft Kawaan Short personally...
    Well the Giants need a run stuffer!!!! Williams has the ability to do more than that.

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawdog550 View Post
    Well the Giants need a run stuffer!!!! Williams has the ability to do more than that.
    We don't necessarily need a run stuffer, we need a playmaker on the dline to compliment JPP. Short had 45 tackles for loss and 18 sacks over the last 3 seasons. I'd rather have a guy that wreaks havoc in the backfield all by himself then have some "run-stuffer".

  3. #13
    All-Pro slipknottin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    37,214
    Giants dont need a run stuffer at all, they need a 3 tech. They have their 1 tech in Linval.

    Thats what they were hoping Austin would be.

    If Sheldon Richardson fell to the giants he would fit perfectly.

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Giants dont need a run stuffer at all, they need a 3 tech. They have their 1 tech in Linval.

    Thats what they were hoping Austin would be.

    If Sheldon Richardson fell to the giants he would fit perfectly.
    I think they could use a run stuffer but they can get 1 cheap in FA. Hopefully Rodgers will work out.

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    I think they could use a run stuffer but they can get 1 cheap in FA. Hopefully Rodgers will work out.
    Agreed, with the way the Giants play 4 DE's on passing downs, I don't think it's necassary to have a pass rushing 3 tech. The best run defense of the modern era (2000 Ravens) featured two space eating DT's (Siragusa, Adams) in their 4/3

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by juice33s View Post
    Agreed, with the way the Giants play 4 DE's on passing downs, I don't think it's necassary to have a pass rushing 3 tech. The best run defense of the modern era (2000 Ravens) featured two space eating DT's (Siragusa, Adams) in their 4/3
    Well if that's the case, then would Jesse Williams or John Jenkins be there in round 2? Because drafting Ogletree in round 1 and having him protected by 2 mammoths like Linval and Jenkins would be the foundations of a great front 7.

  7. #17
    Bench Player
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    26
    Kwaan Short has some major questions about his motor and playing every down. Richardson for is on the smaller end for DT at 295 pounds and just had major shoulder surgery. You want a 3 tech guy thats what Marvin Austin is being groomed for. But if you wanna stop the run you gotta get a young Run stuffer who you can groom and develope. Look at the Raven even now. You have Ngata and Cody as DT's both 340lbs plus able to rip thru Double teams and crush ball carriers. I believe Jesse Williams or John Jenkins even Kwame Gathers would be good picks for the Giants. Bleacher Report has Jesse Williams as the best pure NT in this years draft when it comes to stuffing the run and they also believe him to be the hardest hitting DT/NT in the draft. Plus he has the ability to play the other techniques on the Dline. I just think Williams from Bama is gonna really move up draft boards come the combine. He may not even make it to the Giants.

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by WiIdcat View Post
    Well if that's the case, then would Jesse Williams or John Jenkins be there in round 2? Because drafting Ogletree in round 1 and having him protected by 2 mammoths like Linval and Jenkins would be the foundations of a great front 7.
    I'm not so sure a run stuffing DT warrants a top 2 round selection in todays NFL. These guys aren't everydown players and I think the value more fits in the 3-5 round area

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawdog550 View Post
    Giants need a BIG run stuffer!!!!!! I don't see Richardson or Short being enough. I honestly think Jesse Williams from Bama is the guy the Giants need. One he is strongest guy in this draft. He was said to be benching 600lbs!!!! He takes on Double teams and breaks thru them. He can collapse the pocket and take down the runner in the backfield. He is versatile enough to play any technique along the DL. Run stuffing is what he does best which is what the Giants need the most. He is quick off the snap and has good speed running 4.75 40's at 325-330 lbs. Keep an eye on this kid his stock is going to rise come the combine and once its over. Unless people here think Sean Rodgers is the answer to the Giants crappy run defense we need to draft a Pure Run stop DT/NT. I believe Jesse Williams is the guy.
    but what does he squat?

  10. #20
    Bench Player
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by giants8493 View Post
    but what does he squat?
    I dont know what he squats but they say he is by far physically the strongest player in this draft Jesse Williams is. I'm just trying to point out he has the ability to be more than just a Run stuffer he has speed as well.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts