+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    All-Pro

Rebuilding year?

The cap situation is a mess and now they are cutting guys and making holes they may not be able to fill. What are they going to do at DT? One good player, possibly two older players, one guy that hasn't played in three years, and a rookie coming off an ACL tear. They where already not the best LB unit and they let Boley go too. If they move Kiwi back to DE because they will probably lose Osi who will play LB? Will they resign Beatty? The secondary is up in the air as well. Hope they draft extremely well and find some cheap FA's.

Change is inevitable.

I believe this is the year we will really see what this front office is made of. We either effectively get younger, faster, and overall better, or.....we crash and burn.

What did Canty, Bradshaw and Boley do for this team that David Wilson, Jacquan Williams and a new DT cant? Nothing.

Boley was barely playing by the end of the year, Canty missed half the games. Bradshaw could barely walk at the end of the year and looked like he had nothing.

Boley and Bradshaws replacements are already on the roster in J Will/Paysinger and David Wilson.

Canty is a bit more difficult to replace, but it can be done, and for far less than $8 million.

I like the fact that Reese is finally putting an end to the Ponzi scheme... I've said before that i'd be willing to sack 2013 as a rebuilding (more like retooling though because we're not starting from scratch) year, but that would necessarily entail cutting names taking up a lot of money and eating the cap hits up front, leaving us with a ton of cap space for 2014. Names like DD, Canty, Bradshaw, Boley, and Toaster... 3 of those have already been cut.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

I tend to look at it as retooling over rebuilding

Giants fan since the early 80s

They will compete next year. As someone said above, the guys that were cut weren't doing very much for us last year and the one who did make an impact (Canty) can be replaced for cheaper. When Eli goes and when we cut many players with no suitable backups, THEN we will be rebuilding.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    The cap situation is a mess and now they are cutting guys and making holes they may not be able to fill. What are they going to do at DT? One good player, possibly two older players, one guy that hasn't played in three years, and a rookie coming off an ACL tear. They where already not the best LB unit and they let Boley go too. If they move Kiwi back to DE because they will probably lose Osi who will play LB? Will they resign Beatty? The secondary is up in the air as well. Hope they draft extremely well and find some cheap FA's.
    You can't determine that until the carousel stops and everyone gets on and off. Right now I see it as making room for Beatty, Bennett, Nicks, Cruz, and maybe Boothe
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1