+ Reply to Thread

Quanterus Smith ?

Anyone have any further insight on him?
    I know he had a ACL tear, but prior he was the Nations sack leader & showed up BIG against Bama's Oline....
    He's 6'5 250 & was clearly productive, his injury obviously stalls his draft stock, what round do you think he'll fall into?

I think he needs to add some weight to be effective at the pro level.
    I believe he had 3 sacks against Alabama, correct me if I'm wrong. And we all know Alabama has some pro ready guys on the line. But from what I remember from that game he couldn't shed the tackle that we'll, he used his speed on most of his sacks.
    I don't think an ACL tear would factor that much with his draft stock, with medical technology we have now players come back full strength.
    As far as where he will get drafted? No idea, but with the league becoming more of a passing league teams are always looking for pass rushers.

Giants fan since the early 80s

Quote Originally Posted by myles2424 View Post
    Anyone have any further insight on him?
    I know he had a ACL tear, but prior he was the Nations sack leader & showed up BIG against Bama's Oline....
    He's 6'5 250 & was clearly productive, his injury obviously stalls his draft stock, what round do you think he'll fall into?
    I've seen him 6th and 7th around the web.. Personally, hes the type i would like to gamble on late rds.. Long, athletic, and can rush the passer! Hes got the frame to be able to pack on some lb's.. Not to mention, seems he could be a verstaile player, depending on down and distance..

Aaron did a bunch of videos of him.

This guy is not very good against the run....

For a 5th or 6th?! Absolutely, like this guy was great until he got injured. He would be a great project, the only thing that might be against picking him there would be JR wanting to add depth to the roster. We are most likely to add a DE in the first 4 rounds, there fore I don't see him getting another one.