+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DT in the 1st round

DT in the 1st round

Was thinking this before Canty got cut, now it seems even more possible. I think we need a DT in the first 2 rounds or in FA because we're very thin at that position right now.

What do you guys think?

It was possible then, and its possible now.. I'm a Kawaan Short guy myself.. Big enough and stout enough to stop the run, but also pressures the QB and makes plays in backfield and has a knack for blocking kicks...

I think we need an OT first round still, but DT should definitely come in the 2nd round

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckKnoxx View Post
    Whatever [Tom Quinn] says to keep a near decade long job has to be truly inspirational for him not to be working at IKEA right now.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    It was possible then, and its possible now.. I'm a Kawaan Short guy myself.. Big enough and stout enough to stop the run, but also pressures the QB and makes plays in backfield and has a knack for blocking kicks...
    Floyd is getting talked up in the 1st round now....Richardson id be happy with....
    Whats the word on Jenkins? I hear he rocked the senior bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by egyptian420 View Post
    Was thinking this before Canty got cut, now it seems even more possible. I think we need a DT in the first 2 rounds or in FA because we're very thin at that position right now.

What do you guys think?
    I still prerfer OT
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

If they resign Beatty or take another OT in FA, OT early in the draft isnt that likely. You dont take an OT top 20 to be a right tackle. Unless you have a crap QB and need to rely 100% on the running game.

I'd be happy with O-line, but we really need to do something about our DT's for the sake of stuffing the run, especially when you consider our LB situation.

Imagine another beast next to Linval, that would form a wall.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    If they resign Beatty or take another OT in FA, OT early in the draft isnt that likely. You dont take an OT top 20 to be a right tackle. Unless you have a crap QB and need to rely 100% on the running game.
    I think having a solid O-line is important in the passing game even moreso than the running game. If we can just have the 5 OL be good enough to handle pass protection by themselves (maybe with TE help vs blitzes), Eli could pick apart any defense just using Jernigan and Barden... This year's "yes we're actually taking this game seriously" pro bowl showed me what Eli can do with time in the pocket. That should be the #1 priority on offense is giving Eli time in the pocket...

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckKnoxx View Post
    Whatever [Tom Quinn] says to keep a near decade long job has to be truly inspirational for him not to be working at IKEA right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    I think having a solid O-line is important in the passing game even moreso than the running game. If we can just have the 5 OL be good enough to handle pass protection by themselves (maybe with TE help vs blitzes), Eli could pick apart any defense just using Jernigan and Barden...
    You dont need to go first round to find a guy to play RT, run or pass. You just dont. You find those guys in the mid rounds or in FA.

First round is for left tackles. Right tackles if you have no passing game.

we still need OT if not in 1st then definately 2nd and same with DT...would there be any good OT in 2nd round if we went with DT in 1st?

+ Reply to Thread