+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Sources say Bradshaw is gone :(

Last edited by Blackula31; 02-06-2013 at 02:22 PM.

sad, but not surprising.

Iso many fans loved his fire, and more than a few are going to be pissed off.

Veteran
    retirement home in Dallas (my son married a Texas gal. Woe is me)
    good. He has noticeably declined over the past 2 years. He will get signed by a team and contribute as much as Jacobs did for the 49ers.

So a source close to him says he expects to be released? Let me know when there is a source from the front office cause Bradshaw's opinion on this means nothing he is speculating just like all of us

Yeah I'm one of them who's pissed. If this is true we are not only losing a solid player but a leader. I have faith that David Wilson can step up and be the #1 back, but I'm weary of resigning Andre Brown. He looked solid this season before the injury, but in his short NFL career he's had two major injuries to his legs.

I understand this is about the cap and his injury history though...

Giants fan since the early 80s

We don't need him. I honestly would have rather had Jacobs on our team last year than Bradshaw.

Quote Originally Posted by DIPSET_ALL_DAY View Post
    We don't need him. I honestly would have rather had Jacobs on our team last year than Bradshaw.
    Haha thats funny, ya lets trade a 1000+ rusher for a cry baby who did nothing last year

Hope this source is wrong. I find it hard to trust Brown with his injury history. Don't we actually lose $750k in cap space by cutting him instead of gaining room?

I don't believe it. As limited as he's been with injuries, he has been a rock in the backfield. Plus I'm not quite ready to give the majority of the carries to Brown and Wilson. Brown is good, b ut injury prone and Wilson might not be ready for all of that responsibility yet.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Hope this source is wrong. I find it hard to trust Brown with his injury history. Don't we actually lose $750k in cap space by cutting him instead of gaining room?
    according to slip

Bradshaw
    keeping this season = $5 mil
    keeping next season = $5.25 mil
    releasing before this season = savings of 1.25 (no cap hit after 2013, so would save full 5.25 in 2014)
    releasing after next season = savings of 4 mil
    dead space releasing before this season = 2.5 mil
    dead space releasing after next season = 1.25
    FUTURE NFL STAR

2014 season
    23 rushes for 255yards 3td
    39 pancake blocks
    50 tackles 3 sacks (3 td saving tackles including final tackle as time expired to clinch win, hit of the game 9/14 & 10/26 )
    9-0-1 record///// invited to play in tiny mite bowl and beat the team we tied in regular season
    youtube (youth football Iselin Giants and look for video that's 4 mins 19sec)