+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30
  1. #1
    All-Pro NYG4lifeNYK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    12,658

    Lightbulb Sit back, strap in your seatbelt, and get ready to welcome the new hungrier talent

    Complacency will be out the door with the new blood taking the reigns.

    A leader will emerge either already on the team or we will sign someone.



    This is EXACTLY what this team needed. EVERY SINGLE PLAYER will be on notice next season to perform at their very best or they realize they are gone. This opened up every player in that lockeroom eyes.


    We have the coaching, the draft guru, the talent scouts and the prestigious organization that reads New York Giants that will willingly command every new player that walks into this locker room to play like their lives are on the line.



    I for one am extremely excited and optimistic.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

    I'm ALL IN are you?

    "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

    #80 - Get well soon Vic

  2. #2
    Veteran ibbill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Hamilton Canada
    Posts
    2,364
    +1
    Bill Loyal to the NYG logo

  3. #3
    All-Pro slipknottin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    39,425
    if you want to stamp out complacency, why release a guy like bradshaw who gave 100% every snap on broken feet and ankles?

    Isnt that in fact sending the opposite message?



    Or these cuts had nothing to do with complacency at all, they cut guys with big salaries who spent most of last season injured.

  4. #4
    All-Pro Drez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    14,858
    Slip has this dead to rights. These were all business decisions and had nothing to do with any of the players' performance or heart.

  5. #5
    All-Pro jomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    20,756
    Quote Originally Posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
    Complacency will be out the door with the new blood taking the reigns.

    A leader will emerge either already on the team or we will sign someone.



    This is EXACTLY what this team needed. EVERY SINGLE PLAYER will be on notice next season to perform at their very best or they realize they are gone. This opened up every player in that lockeroom eyes.


    We have the coaching, the draft guru, the talent scouts and the prestigious organization that reads New York Giants that will willingly command every new player that walks into this locker room to play like their lives are on the line.



    I for one am extremely excited and optimistic.
    I am so with you!
    No one remembers who came in second.

  6. #6
    All-Pro NYG4lifeNYK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    12,658
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    if you want to stamp out complacency, why release a guy like bradshaw who gave 100% every snap on broken feet and ankles?

    Isnt that in fact sending the opposite message?



    Or these cuts had nothing to do with complacency at all, they cut guys with big salaries who spent most of last season injured.
    He was a necessary casualty. Often injured and carried a big salary.

    The cuts alone will lave complacency out the door. We just cut three starters, Bradshaw who we drafted and has been with us for 6 years, Boley who was brought in through FA was with us 4 years and Chris Canty also 4 years.

    No one is safe.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

    I'm ALL IN are you?

    "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

    #80 - Get well soon Vic

  7. #7
    All-Pro jomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    20,756
    Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Slip has this dead to rights. These were all business decisions and had nothing to do with any of the players' performance or heart.
    Mixed bag here. With Bradshaw, they simply can't spend all that money at RB. He remains a warrior. With Diehl and Canty and Boley, it is a blend of business and non performance relative to their costs.
    No one remembers who came in second.

  8. #8
    All-Pro slipknottin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    39,425
    Quote Originally Posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
    The cuts alone will lave complacency out the door. We just cut three starters, Bradshaw who we drafted and has been with us for 6 years, Boley who was brought in through FA was with us 4 years and Chris Canty also 4 years.

    No one is safe.
    I dont see how cutting guys who played harder than everyone else is showing the team that complacency wont be tolerated.

  9. #9
    All-Pro NYG4lifeNYK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    12,658
    Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Slip has this dead to rights. These were all business decisions and had nothing to do with any of the players' performance or heart.
    Sorry, my point wasn't clear.


    I'm not saying we cut guys based on their performance.

    I'm saying any player who even though of taking a play off will now second guess themselves. This should/will be one of the best training camps in recent years.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

    I'm ALL IN are you?

    "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

    #80 - Get well soon Vic

  10. #10
    All-Pro Drez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    14,858
    Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    Mixed bag here. With Bradshaw, they simply can't spend all that money at RB. He remains a warrior. With Diehl and Canty and Boley, it is a blend of business and non performance relative to their costs.
    Diehl hasn't been cut, and probably won't be. At least not until FA starts. We have next to no depth on the OL and our starting LT and LG are FAs themselves.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts