+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I think what we're seeing is a revamping of the defense...

brought on by the advent of the running QBs. I see a permanent NASCAR package. Right now Linvel Joseph is the only starting DT and I see them moving Tuck inside to DT, Kiwi to DE and using current LBs to replace him.

whatever it is, DT/DE/LB/CB need definete upgrades...

I hate to say it, but Tuck IS an upgrade over Canty at DT, Kiwi IS an upgrade at DE over Tuck, and the younger guys will probably do the job at LB... that is yet to be seen.

Cant run a permanent nascar.

And they probably wont even spend much time facing running QBs. Vick is likely out of the NFC East, and RG3 is broken.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post

And they probably wont even spend much time facing running QBs. Vick is likely out of the NFC East, and RG3 is broken.
    Agree with this, you can't just have 4 DE's on the D-line all game, offenses would be able to run on you all day.

As far as RG3, he won't be broken forever.

All-Pro
    I think this has more to do with the cap than the small handful of mobile QBs they will face throughout the year. What we are probably seeing is a movement to the younger players that have been drafted over the past few years.
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Tuck is too small to be the run stopper we need at DT. Besides he is on the decline because of injuries. Not worth his salary

Quote Originally Posted by myles2424 View Post
    whatever it is, DT/DE/LB/CB need definete upgrades...
    You left out safties...........lol just kidding. You are right, we do need upgrades virtually everywhere on D.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Exactly, you need beef at DT or you can't stop the run or collapse the pocket.

Nascar is an anti-pass personnel grouping anyway... if you want anti-run you'd be better lining up 3 DT to absorb blockers and getting some linebackers to seal the... oh wait, that's a 3-4 defense...

Thank you Reddit for the best gif ever.