+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: CB Situation

Quote Originally Posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
    Hosley would not be an upgrade next season, don't kid yourself.

So many people give up on players so quickly.... let Corey come back next season healthy and hungrier than ever.

You don't cut a guy like C-Web so fast. He was one of the best CB's in the league from the '07 playoff run up until 2011.
    You're speaking more with your heart then your head.

Giants fan since the early 80s

Hosley is a nickel DB. with the way the nfl is going we need a bigger CB on the outside, one that is fast too. Sean Smith wants a 6 yr 43 million dollar contract. that would be around 7 mil per year. If we could get our cap number low this year i would front load his contract so we could pay our guys down the road.

Chris Gamble or Sean Smith would be good replacements for Webster.... but if we sign either KP is definitely a goner.

Veteran
    I think he has to be cut. If we don't cut him this year isn't he due 10+ in 2014?

Quote Originally Posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
    Hosley would not be an upgrade next season, don't kid yourself.

So many people give up on players so quickly.... let Corey come back next season healthy and hungrier than ever.

You don't cut a guy like C-Web so fast. He was one of the best CB's in the league from the '07 playoff run up until 2011.
    What do u mean u don't cut Corey so fast? The guy didn't even start being productive till playoff run of 07, which was like 4yrs into his career.. And since then hes had like 2 down yrs mixed in with some really brilliant ones. I don't get the crazy loyalty over the aging vet who took forever to be productive and since has had a few great yrs and a couple bad ones and is now aging and makes a ton of money...

Quote Originally Posted by speed3freak View Post
    Chris Gamble or Sean Smith would be good replacements for Webster.... but if we sign either KP is definitely a goner.
    I would love Derek Cox or EJ Biggers... Biggers is a up and coming player, and played well after Talib was traded for bucs last yr... Cox could be a steal, if he stays healthy.. I know its nerve racking adding a injury prone player, but Cox is a guy i'd take that chance with assuming its a fair deal for the giants... Very talented..

Bench Player
    We need to invest in a shutdown corner something I dont think we've had EVER!! Webster needs to either take a cut and take a back up role, or we can just release him altogether...he gets burned by receivers too much and have given up big plays in crucial games so something needs to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by GiantsSB23 View Post
    We need to invest in a shutdown corner something I dont think we've had EVER!! Webster needs to either take a cut and take a back up role, or we can just release him altogether...he gets burned by receivers too much and have given up big plays in crucial games so something needs to be done.
    I completely agree. Look what happened in the game @ Baltimore this year. He got beat the entire game, giving up touchdowns. At the time they were just another ordinary team, even though they would eventually be Super Bowl champs, but it doesn't matter. He's old, experienced, yet he gets beat. Reese will most likely cut him. He remembers that game all too well. Webster gets paid big money to be a DB and he can't even do his job correctly. Time to pack Webster.
    Quote Originally Posted by mercurio View Post
    JR is the GIANTS GM as TC is the coach and Eli is the QB. Support them.
    Couldn't have said it better.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Montemayor View Post
    I completely agree. Look what happened in the game @ Baltimore this year. He got beat the entire game, giving up touchdowns. At the time they were just another ordinary team, even though they would eventually be Super Bowl champs, but it doesn't matter. He's old, experienced, yet he gets beat. Reese will most likely cut him. He remembers that game all too well. Webster gets paid big money to be a DB and he can't even do his job correctly. Time to pack Webster.
    I will throw a party I've wanted his underachieving *** gone for years

+ Reply to Thread