+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Somewhat disgusted.

Quote Originally Posted by ozzie0075 View Post
    Unfortunately it is part of the business and it happens to teams that draft well and develop their players. These deals are made not knowing what will happen in the future. There is not way that Reese could a account for a guy like Cruz becoming what he has.

At the end of the day NFL contracts are not guaranteed and until they are cutting players before their contracts expire are part of the business.
    +1. But I think that cutting AB was a bad idea. $3.75M for a RB who's a leader like he is, is as tough as he is, and protects the QB like he does is is worth that money.

And he was the last guy on this team that played with attitude and had a set of balls.

Quote Originally Posted by JJC7301 View Post
    +1. But I think that cutting AB was a bad idea. $3.75M for a RB who's a leader like he is, is as tough as he is, and protects the QB like he does is is worth that money.

And he was the last guy on this team that played with attitude and had a set of balls.
    I love AB but at some point all the foot operations are going to catch up with you. Perhaps the Giants bring him back with a cap friendly deal.

To the original poster, you should be mad at the NFL and the artificial salary ceiling they created.

Veteran

As much as I loved watching AB play week in and week out, it simply comes down to......Keep AB or make room to sigh Cruz and Nicks. Im sorry but i rather sign both Cruz and Nicks and sacrifice AB. His foot injuries are soon to catch up to him.

Quote Originally Posted by FloydEddings2 View Post
    To the original poster, you should be mad at the NFL and the artificial salary ceiling they created.
    Nope, it keeps the league competitive. It's the team's job to stay within it.

Veteran
    Rochester, NY Yes Bills contry what can I do its where I live

We don't really know if it was bad or not. There may have been medical issues. NFL RB's have about 5 yrs careers on avg. AB is there and pretty beat up. We all hate to lose guys, but sometimes its just time to say thank you and goodbye.

Under the new cba don't all teams have to spend close to 100% of the salary cap? Thought I read that somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by GiantRoc View Post
    We don't really know if it was bad or not. There may have been medical issues. NFL RB's have about 5 yrs careers on avg. AB is there and pretty beat up. We all hate to lose guys, but sometimes its just time to say thank you and goodbye.
    +1
    2014 Our Picks "Don't you just love this draft?! "#Sexy
    Round, Player, Position

1) Pick- Odell Beckham Jr.! /WR
    2) Pick- Weston Richburg /C
    3) Pick- Jay Bromley /DT
    4) Pick- Andre Williams! /RB
    5) Pick- Nat Berhe! /SS
    5) Pick- Devon Kennard /LB (Comp.)
    6) Pick- Bennett Jackson /CB

Veteran
    retirement home in Dallas (my son married a Texas gal. Woe is me)
    I'm disgusted that New Yorkers allow philly cheese steak to be called "philly cheese steak" in New York. They should call it "New York Cheese Steak" in New York. Also New England Clam chowder should be renamed the "Lower Manhattan Clam Chowder.

Quote Originally Posted by GiantRoc View Post
    I'm not sure with whom you are angry. The GM's job is to put as many of the best players he can get, on the team. To get pissed at a guy for finding so many gems seems unfair. The Giants have found and developed a lot of great talent. Now He's trying to keep as much as he can. I think the biggest problem is guys being torn between wanting to stay with a great organization and getting a huge payday. Reese is using every trick in the book to keep talent on board. If we didn't have such a great organization, these guys would not have restructured.

Changing personnel is part of the league now.
    As much as it hurts to say good bye, we will loose good players. Let's see what the off season brings before we hang anyone.
    Indeed, trying to balance the salary cap and hard decisions about personnel are part of the game and GMs earn their paycheck every year. I'm not angry at anyone in particular bro but I guess I'm disgusted about the salary cap hit this year because everyone saw it coming with lots of inflated deals and so many contracts than needed restructuring in consequence. I guess everybody ( players and FO ) accept the unwritten rules of the game and they play by them, well-aware of the risks and benefits of the business. I know this is a phase any team goes through every once in a while but it seems that I just can't get used to it even with all my years loving the game. Call me a romantic but thats just the way I'm wired.

+ Reply to Thread