+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Somewhat disgusted.

I've been a life long Giants fan ( 30 plus years and counting ) always been proud of this franchise and by God always will. I've seen through out the years tough FO personnel decisions made, Bavaro, Banks, Pepper Johnson, Burt, Jesse Armstead and the list goes on and on, all those decision based on contract disputes, injury issues and when FA era started the calls got tougher not only for the Giants but for all NFL teams. But one thing I would HATE seeing happening to this franchise in relation to the FO is decisions made by the presence of a $hi....ty salary cap situation inflated in the first place by the own team with irresponsible managment. I've always mocked teams that have lived all their lives under bad administrations putting their franchise at the bottom of salary caps by awful financial decisions , the Raiders amoung others are the laughing-stock of the NFL in this regard and year in and year out they keep it up. Reese has a difficult job no different compared with other GMs around the league but I can't seem to put this bad taste out of my mouth right now thinking that in a very good part this hard decisions cutting players have been taken based on awful cap managment ( huge contracts with no intentions to fulfill, constant contract restructuring asked for some players, etc ) . If this Is going to be a rough ride to keep us out of cap hell? Then fine but I don't want this to become a trend for the future, living in cap hell by the result of bad managment. Those, my two cents. Go Giants!

Yeah it's concerning, but Reese's cap management has resulted a Super Bowl.
    What happens now will be a real test of his abilities, though. This team is starting to get to the point where it could quite easily slip into the dark ages.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
    I've been a life long Giants fan ( 30 plus years and counting ) always been proud of this franchise and by God always will. I've seen through out the years tough FO personnel decisions made, Bavaro, Banks, Pepper Johnson, Burt, Jesse Armstead and the list goes on and on, all those decision based on contract disputes, injury issues and when FA era started the calls got tougher not only for the Giants but for all NFL teams. But one thing I would HATE seeing happening to this franchise in relation to the FO is decisions made by the presence of a $hi....ty salary cap situation inflated in the first place by the own team with irresponsible managment. I've always mocked teams that have lived all their lives under bad administrations putting their franchise at the bottom of salary caps by awful financial decisions , the Raiders amoung others are the laughing-stock of the NFL in this regard and year in and year out they keep it up. Reese has a difficult job no different compared with other GMs around the league but I can't seem to put this bad taste out of my mouth right now thinking that in a very good part this hard decisiatons cutting players have been taken based on awful cap managment ( huge contracts with no intentions to fulfill, constant contract restructuring asked for some players, etc ) . If this Is going to be a rough ride to keep us out of cap hell? Then fine but I don't want this to become a trend for the future, living in cap hell by the result of bad managment. Those, my two cents. Go Giants!
    Great post. As Al Pacino said in Any Given Sunday. " Thatís football guys. Thatís all it is. Now, whattaya gonna do?

Unfortunately it is part of the business and it happens to teams that draft well and develop their players. These deals are made not knowing what will happen in the future. There is no way that Reese could a account for a guy like Cruz becoming what he has.

At the end of the day NFL contracts are not guaranteed and until they are cutting players before their contracts expire are part of the business.
    Last edited by ozzie0075; 02-06-2013 at 10:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ozzie0075 View Post
    Unfortunately it is part of the business and it happens to teams that draft well and develop their players. These deals are made not knowing what will happen in the future. There is not way that Reese could a account for a guy like Cruz becoming what he has.

At the end of the day NFL contracts are not guaranteed and until they are cutting players before their contracts expire are part of the business.
    +1. But I think that cutting AB was a bad idea. $3.75M for a RB who's a leader like he is, is as tough as he is, and protects the QB like he does is is worth that money.

And he was the last guy on this team that played with attitude and had a set of balls.

Quote Originally Posted by JJC7301 View Post
    +1. But I think that cutting AB was a bad idea. $3.75M for a RB who's a leader like he is, is as tough as he is, and protects the QB like he does is is worth that money.

And he was the last guy on this team that played with attitude and had a set of balls.
    I love AB but at some point all the foot operations are going to catch up with you. Perhaps the Giants bring him back with a cap friendly deal.

Quote Originally Posted by ozzie0075 View Post
    I love AB but at some point all the foot operations are going to catch up with you. Perhaps the Giants bring him back with a cap friendly deal.
    AB mentioned he was open to it but by the looks of some reports it seems the cuts are final.

Veteran

As much as I loved watching AB play week in and week out, it simply comes down to......Keep AB or make room to sigh Cruz and Nicks. Im sorry but i rather sign both Cruz and Nicks and sacrifice AB. His foot injuries are soon to catch up to him.

Quote Originally Posted by flashnando View Post
    As much as I loved watching AB play week in and week out, it simply comes down to......Keep AB or make room to sigh Cruz and Nicks. Im sorry but i rather sign both Cruz and Nicks and sacrifice AB. His foot injuries are soon to catch up to him.
    I know that's what everyone's thinking, but can we (or any team) afford to lock up that much money on 2 WR's of the caliber of Nicks and Cruz? I'd pay one or the other, but trade one of them for draft picks regardless of AB.

Veteran
    Rochester, NY Yes Bills contry what can I do its where I live

We don't really know if it was bad or not. There may have been medical issues. NFL RB's have about 5 yrs careers on avg. AB is there and pretty beat up. We all hate to lose guys, but sometimes its just time to say thank you and goodbye.