+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wilson Runs To Forefront

Wilson Runs To Forefront

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giant...Xc3BGrW9v7eqOK

Excerpt: "The Giants’ season had ended a day earlier, general manager Jerry Reese was clearly not in the mood to hand out compliments, but he did have this to say about rookie running back David Wilson:

“He’s dynamic, really kind of a world-class athlete. We think he has a bright future for us.’’
    The future is now for Wilson, as Ahmad Bradshaw yesterday was released and the ball is now in Wilson’s hands. He showed a great flair for kickoff returns (franchise-record 1,533 return yards) but occupied coach Tom Coughlin’s doghouse early in his first season after losing a fumble in the season opener.Wilson, the 2012 first-round pick from Virginia Tech, rushed for 358 yards and four touchdowns, at times showing the freakish physical skills he possesses — not only with the back-flips after scoring.

By cutting Bradshaw loose, the Giants sent a message: They believe Wilson is ready, and also that Andre Brown’s performance last season was not a fluke. Brown ran for 385 yards and a team-high eight touchdowns before suffering a fractured fibula Nov. 25 against the Packers. Wilson and Brown figure to be the 1-2 punch in the offensive backfield, with another running back added to the mix." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

I hope Wilson is with Hynoski at the TIMEX Performance Center this offseason.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

The most underused first round RB in eight years; I hope he's with Hynoski, too.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    My sentiments exactly...

Thank you Reddit for the best gif ever.

Hynoski was really throwing some nice edge blocks this season and I think his confidence grew steadily throughout the year. Wilson doesn't need much around the edges to rip off big chunks of yardage. I can't wait to see them get rolling again.

Speaking of Hynoski...I could see him having an expanded role next year. They used him as the 3rd down back a bit when AB wasn't available (mostly for protection). He also had more carries last year too. He could earn more of a John Kuhn type of role on this offense with the lack of experience these backs have in pass pro.

i freaking love hynoski best fb in nfl
    FUTURE NFL STAR

2014 season
    23 rushes for 255yards 3td
    39 pancake blocks
    50 tackles 3 sacks (3 td saving tackles including final tackle as time expired to clinch win, hit of the game 9/14 & 10/26 )
    9-0-1 record///// invited to play in tiny mite bowl and beat the team we tied in regular season
    youtube (youth football Iselin Giants and look for video that's 4 mins 19sec)

+ Reply to Thread