+ Reply to Thread

Thread: RB Depth

Starter

RB Depth

It's obvious that Wilson will be running the ball. They didn't draft him just to be a KO returner.
    However, he is dynamic and can really provide good, no great, field position for our offense. That is a huge thing.

If he gets hurt and goes out, the Giants are screwed both at RB running the ball and KO Returning.

For this reason, there is no doubt that they will have to deploy someone else with speed to take over KO returns.

Scott and/or JJ are good candidates.

We will need another RB for depth!!!
    I'm disappointed that Bradsahw was cut. He is still good and has tread on his tires. He would have been a great 3rd down RB.
    He can run, has intensity, can block for Eli, and can catch passes.
    I hope they can still bring him back for a reduced salary ??

If we do not get Bradshaw to return at a reduced salary, then with all of the psn needs we have, I can see the Giants drafting another RB.
    Lacy would be a nice complementary RB with Wilson

However, it may be more palletable to get another RB via FA.

Thoughts?

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by paulj View Post
    It's obvious that Wilson will be running the ball. They didn't draft him just to be a KO returner.
    However, he is dynamic and can really provide good, no great, field position for our offense. That is a huge thing.

If he gets hurt and goes out, the Giants are screwed both at RB running the ball and KO Returning.

For this reason, there is no doubt that they will have to deploy someone else with speed to take over KO returns.

Scott and/or JJ are good candidates.

We will need another RB for depth!!!
    I'm disappointed that Bradsahw was cut. He is still good and has tread on his tires. He would have been a great 3rd down RB.
    He can run, has intensity, can block for Eli, and can catch passes.
    I hope they can still bring him back for a reduced salary ??

If we do not get Bradshaw to return at a reduced salary, then with all of the psn needs we have, I can see the Giants drafting another RB.
    Lacy would be a nice complementary RB with Wilson

However, it may be more palletable to get another RB via FA.

Thoughts?
    If Wilson were to get hurt they have Brown who, right now, might be the best all around RB on the team. Behind Brown is Da'Rel Scott. They will probably look for another RB, maybe Lumpkin will get a shot in camp. The OLine is the really key part to our running game inproving. Bradhsaw could be invited back down the road.

As for kick returns, if they re-sign Hixon, which I expect, he can handle the kick off returns. It was Hixon's record that Wilson broke last year.

We ave only seen three player releases. We've only signed one of our own free agents. There is a lot of negotiating that has to be done before March 12th when free agency opens. No reason to panic now and most of the puzzle parts are still in the box.
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 02-07-2013 at 08:06 AM.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

RB are a dime a dozen, especially when you already have your star starter. Its pretty clear that Wilson is going to be the #1. He came on strong at the end of the season and looked like an stud.

So they arelooking for depth behind him. If Brown comes back healthy hes a great short yardage guy (8 TDs) and good back up. Lumpkin Showed some promise in his limited roll. We have Scott who is a complete and total burner that will compete in camp. Id like to see Jersey Joe get another crack during camp bc i really liked that way he played.

Now the question is does Reese take a shot at RB in the draft or FA. Reese is great at finding later round RB Talent (Bradshaw 7th, Brown 4th)

Id like to see them bring in a P Hillis in FA (big back who can pass Protect but still make some good runs) and possibly Danny Woodhead as a 3rd down back and to take over the KR duties for Wilson. No one wants their starting RB risking injury on KRs.

I think Woodhead makes the most sense because he could also be used on KR's as well and should come fairly cheap. I can also see them taking a RB late in the draft again. 6th or 7th round like Scott and AB.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimaniac View Post
    Scott
    as KR

+ Reply to Thread