Closed Thread
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
    Bench Player

I say we give up Smith.

Just hear me out. I for one love Smith and what he has done and is capable of doing but lets get real, he will never be a #1 in this league. Maybe not even a good #2. By trading Smith we keep our 1st rnd pick with that we could snag a LB. Imagine how much better our already Nasty Defense could be if we could get Laurinitus or somehow land Mauluga. We'd have plaxicos replacement in BE and then we could draft smiths replacement in rnd 2. Believe me its gnna be easier to replace Smith than it will be Plax. There are some good wrs in this draft. In the 2nd rnd we could get Robinski or maybe even Britt if he drops that far who knows. We all want BE but were not getting him for nothing. This deal will get done imo but not for just and 2nd and a 5th. Plus by giving in to Smith we can ensure Kiwi is still wearing Blue next season.

Re: I say we give up Smith.

I say no.

I'll be honest. I didn't read the OP. I'm on the No train

I say your on crack........

You might be right in that Smith can never be a #1. But he is a smooth crisp route runner and definitly WILL be a SOLID # 2 for years to come.

Yes............by all means let's give up a productive guy at a postion we have the least depth at. BRILLIANT!!! I don't know why no one has thought of this before.
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, “**** waffles.”......G Carlin

and i say thats just foolish. give a wr to get a wr??? not happening

nope

Bench Player

I say we give you up to Satan and make Earth a more peaceful place instead.

[quote user="Bleedblue11"]Just hear me out. I for one love Smith and what he has done and is capable of doing but lets get real, he will never be a #1 in this league. Maybe not even a good #2. By trading Smith we keep our 1st rnd pick with that we could snag a LB. Imagine how much better our already Nasty Defense could be if we could get Laurinitus or somehow land Mauluga. We'd have plaxicos replacement in BE and then we could draft smiths replacement in rnd 2. Believe me its gnna be easier to replace Smith than it will be Plax. There are some good wrs in this draft. In the 2nd rnd we could get Robinski or maybe even Britt if he drops that far who knows. We all want BE but were not getting him for nothing. This deal will get done imo but not for just and 2nd and a 5th. Plus by giving in to Smith we can ensure Kiwi is still wearing Blue next season.[/quote]

WTF???
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Veteran

[quote user="SuperNYG"]I say we give you up to Satan and make Earth a more peaceful place instead.
    [/quote]

LOL, I second that. We need Smith and we'll never know if he can be a number one wr without giving him a shot. Let us not forget Wayne Chrebet, he would have never made the Jets if the Jets had not traded/cut all of their recievers.