Closed Thread
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Veteran

Re: I say we give up Smith.

I think having a guy in the slot that can make plays on 3rd down is just as important as having a #1wr. Think about the Patriots when they had their 17-1 season. Yes Randy Moss was the man but Wes Welker did just as much if not more. Take into account the type of chemistry Eli seems to have with Smith and there is no way I would give him up.

[quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="bluemagic"][quote user="JPizzack"]

Crack is whack

Isn't the idea to have as many good recievers on the team as possible? Giving up our best curretn reciever is an awful idea now matter how you look at it.

[/quote]

It is whack. Im almost 2 years off the pipe.

Cold turkey.

[/quote]

I'd like to say this surprises me. However......I won't[/quote]

Whats surprising?

Veteran

[quote user="Bleedin Blue Since '62"]

[quote user="SuperNYG"]I say we give you up to Satan and make Earth a more peaceful place instead.
    [/quote]

Wow! Can that really happen?

[/quote]
    You guys make it sound like Satan is a bad fellow

[quote user="Coach Carter"][quote user="SuperNYG"]I say we give you up to Satan and make Earth a more peaceful place instead.
    [/quote]

LOL, I second that. We need Smith and we'll never know if he can be a number one wr without giving him a shot. Let us not forget Wayne Chrebet, he would have never made the Jets if the Jets had not traded/cut all of their recievers.
    [/quote]

Man, these boards can berough when you make a foolish post.

Profootballtalk.com is reporting that Kenny Britt is visiting with the Browns,

which makes me wonder, why would the browns be looking at a player that is suppossed to be drafted late first round. Is this because the browns are looking to get a late draft pick *cough cough Giants #29 cough cough*. Your thoughts?

No way he is a 3rd down safety blanket for Eli, he has great hands and great awareness of were he needs to get for the first down.

[quote user="Bleedblue11"]Just hear me out. I for one love Smith and what he has done and is capable of doing but lets get real, he will never be a #1 in this league. Maybe not even a good #2. By trading Smith we keep our 1st rnd pick with that we could snag a LB. Imagine how much better our already Nasty Defense could be if we could get Laurinitus or somehow land Mauluga. We'd have plaxicos replacement in BE and then we could draft smiths replacement in rnd 2. Believe me its gnna be easier to replace Smith than it will be Plax. There are some good wrs in this draft. In the 2nd rnd we could get Robinski or maybe even Britt if he drops that far who knows. We all want BE but were not getting him for nothing. This deal will get done imo but not for just and 2nd and a 5th. Plus by giving in to Smith we can ensure Kiwi is still wearing Blue next season.[/quote]

Oh yeah? And if Braylon goes down, who steps up? Moss?

No doubt about it, this is the funniest post I've seen on this board yet.

Hey, I got an idea--why don't we trade Jacobs and 2 picks for Edgerrin James? Or, even better--trade Eli for Joey Harrington, I think he's available!!!

It does get weird at 3 am.

All-Pro

Fail. Smith is this year's Osi.

[quote user="Latinoshockeyfan"]

[quote user="Bleedblue11"]Just hear me out. I for one love Smith and what he has done and is capable of doing but lets get real, he will never be a #1 in this league. Maybe not even a good #2. By trading Smith we keep our 1st rnd pick with that we could snag a LB. Imagine how much better our already Nasty Defense could be if we could get Laurinitus or somehow land Mauluga. We'd have plaxicos replacement in BE and then we could draft smiths replacement in rnd 2. Believe me its gnna be easier to replace Smith than it will be Plax. There are some good wrs in this draft. In the 2nd rnd we could get Robinski or maybe even Britt if he drops that far who knows. We all want BE but were not getting him for nothing. This deal will get done imo but not for just and 2nd and a 5th. Plus by giving in to Smith we can ensure Kiwi is still wearing Blue next season.[/quote]

Oh yeah? And if Braylon goes down, who steps up? Moss?

[/quote]

Absolutely. Haven't you heard? Moss caught every ball thrown to him last year!