+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    no,,but 5th on depending on who it is and what they offer.
    I think the 5 th round will have a lot of value/need for us and not on RB considering the multiple needs we have. But if the Giants don't ink Brown then the RB position turns more into a need( depth wise ) and could reconsider drafting a RB in the 5th. Still I would not mind if Reese pulls again a rabbit out ot the hat drafting a " Bradshaw " in the 7 th round.

Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    I am more apt to say LB(depending on who is there) or DE/DT, same scenario as LB,,,OL can be addressed from with in, or with cheap, serviceable FA's, and later rounds in the draft,,now if an absolute stud falls to us,,absolutely, but I think there is OL value in the later rounds, with less money to commit.
    With so many needs I think Reese will fill some of them in rounds 1 and 2 with BPA, again theres a lot of ways he can go in here depending how's available, OL ( OT, G, C ), LB ( ILB, SLB, WLB ), CB, DE, DT you name it but I respecfully disagree on value in later round in OL, if we end up drafting for " need " rather than BPA at G or OT then you have to use a 1st day pick to fill that need. It all depends if Boothe hits the road, same with Deihl. Even if you fill one of those needs with a cheap veteran FA you still end up short.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy_Ribs View Post
    Eddie Lacey, RB Alabama?

It won;t happen, but how great would it be to have Eli handing off to tandem of David Wilson and Eddie Lacey for the next few years.

I think the Steelers will grab Lacey in the first round, but this guy would be a favorite if we could get him.

Oh well, it's nice to dream.

Also any thoughts on a RB in 3 or 4? Who do you guys like since that is more realistic?
    Lacey is a nice back....but I'm more interested in the Alabama line.

I really what Reese to binge on the SEC in the draft.
    "Missed tackles are the worst."
    - Carl Banks

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    Lacey is a nice back....but I'm more interested in the Alabama line.

I really what Reese to binge on the SEC in the draft.
    Exactly...How great are Ingram and T-rich doing? I love Lacey, but if I could trade the Giants starting Oline for Bama's I wouldn't even think twice

With the 31st ranking D in the league, I think we need to focus on our D...