+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Spencer Paysinger: "Big Opportuity" Awaits Giants' Linebacker

http://www.bigblueview.com/2013/2/8/...quian-williams

Excerpt: "With the New York Giants having released linebacker Michael Boley earlier this week, opportunity is knocking for Spencer Paysinger, who will be entering his third season in 2013. It's an opportunity Paysinger found out about from Boley himself.

"It actually caught me by surprise," Paysinger said Friday afternoon. "I had just gotten done working out and I looked at my phone and saw a missed call from Boley. I thought nothing of it."

Until he called Boley back, that was. Paysinger said the veteran linebacker chatted pleasantly for about 10 minutes before dropping the news that he was being cut by the Giants."

At the end he just said 'I want you to start taking care of the linebackers' and I said 'what are you talking about?' He said ‘The Giants are releasing me today.' "

"He said ‘I want you to capitalize on this opportunity because it could potentially be your time.' "
    Paysinger, 24, made the team in 2011 as an undrafted free agent from Oregon."It's definitely a big opportunity for me. The fact that Boley's gone, it's definitely sad, but now there's no going back. We have to keep moving forward," Paysinger said. "I just want to use what he taught me and my progression over these next couple of months to hopefully get a starting spot." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

He has been quietly sitting behind everyone else playing special teams and such. The guy is athletic and now has an opportunity to audition for the coaches.

Quote Originally Posted by Rat_bastich View Post
    He has been quietly sitting behind everyone else playing special teams and such. The guy is athletic and now has an opportunity to audition for the coaches.
    Hoping he makes the most of it.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    Hoping he makes the most of it.
    +1
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Paysinger played really well when he got snaps last season. Im wondering which of these guys will have the radio helmet next season.

He'll be one I'll be pulling for this year, like the way he plays. Done a solid job on STs...

I thought he looked great in preseason. Was probably the main reason why they kept 4 WLBs and cut ties with Greg Jones. Though, I think the most impressive thing of this story has been Boley's amiable handling of everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Paysinger played really well when he got snaps last season. Im wondering which of these guys will have the radio helmet next season.
    Maybe one of our fringers could lend him a tin foil cap

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by penguinfarmer View Post
    I thought he looked great in preseason. Was probably the main reason why they kept 4 WLBs and cut ties with Greg Jones. Though, I think the most impressive thing of this story has been Boley's amiable handling of everything.
    +1

# 80

Paysinger is not bigger or faster than JWill. Boley's position is JWills to lose since he is good against TEs as well. If Paysinger wants to start he better learn the mike position or pray Kiwi moves back to DE.