+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 39

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Moderator Tommy_Ribs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Moderating Team
    Posts
    14,771

    Difference between the GIANTS and the jets...

    Did you notice yesterday that Canty, Boley, and Bradshaw had nothing but nice things to say about the GIANTS after they were let go?

    Meanwhile every jet that leaves, even some coaches, cannot not stop talking about how bad the locker room was or how bad Tebow was?

    We have a winning environment in our organization and handle everything the right way and treat everyone with respect, and make sure everyone understands that the team is what matters.

    I am so glad we have people like Coughlin and Reese running the show for the Mara's and Tisch's.

    I know we came up short this year, but Canty Boley and Bradshaw enforced what we knew to be good about the GIANTS.

  2. #2
    I'm glad these guys being released now are true class acts. I will really miss them and wish them well in their future endeavors, in or out of football.

    But it was not always that way. Plax, Tiki, and Shockey were some of the most selfish people, but all predated TC. SS12 didn't predate TC, but he flipped straight traitor on us going to Philly even though we had given him an offer, and called Reese a liar in public. No love there. But I look at guys more recently... Manningham, Jacobs, and now the three that were released now, and all of them have nothing but good things to say about the Giants. Jacobs said after his, uhh, experience at the hands of Jim Harbaugh that he would only ever play for the Giants (which means it's likely he's going to retire now). It's a far cry from the hate that other former Giants used to give...

  3. #3
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    97,337
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    I'm glad these guys being released now are true class acts. I will really miss them and wish them well in their future endeavors, in or out of football.

    But it was not always that way. Plax, Tiki, and Shockey were some of the most selfish people, but all predated TC. SS12 didn't predate TC, but he flipped straight traitor on us going to Philly even though we had given him an offer, and called Reese a liar in public. No love there. But I look at guys more recently... Manningham, Jacobs, and now the three that were released now, and all of them have nothing but good things to say about the Giants. Jacobs said after his, uhh, experience at the hands of Jim Harbaugh that he would only ever play for the Giants (which means it's likely he's going to retire now). It's a far cry from the hate that other former Giants used to give...
    I never saw Smith as a "traitor" but did see him as being gullible to believe he was going to get healthy sooner in Igglesland. I always saw that more as the Eagles not wanting Smith here, rather than wanting him there.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


  4. #4
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,238
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I never saw Smith as a "traitor" but did see him as being gullible to believe he was going to get healthy sooner in Igglesland. I always saw that more as the Eagles not wanting Smith here, rather than wanting him there.
    I tend to agree with you, but another train of thought that's tossed around is that Smith had a good idea of how bad his injury really was and wanted to get paid the most that he could at the time knowing that he would never see that money again in case he never really did recover.
    Either way, I don't fault him.

  5. #5
    All-Pro jomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    19,168
    Quote Originally Posted by njg85m View Post
    I tend to agree with you, but another train of thought that's tossed around is that Smith had a good idea of how bad his injury really was and wanted to get paid the most that he could at the time knowing that he would never see that money again in case he never really did recover.
    Either way, I don't fault him.
    +1
    No one remembers who came in second.

  6. #6
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    97,337
    Quote Originally Posted by njg85m View Post
    I tend to agree with you, but another train of thought that's tossed around is that Smith had a good idea of how bad his injury really was and wanted to get paid the most that he could at the time knowing that he would never see that money again in case he never really did recover.
    Either way, I don't fault him.
    I don't fault him either, but if he had taken the offer that was made to him before he was injured.....
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


  7. #7
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,238
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I don't fault him either, but if he had taken the offer that was made to him before he was injured.....
    Yup, pretty much.
    He gambled big - and lost.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,130
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I don't fault him either, but if he had taken the offer that was made to him before he was injured.....
    Yeah, he should’ve taken that offer but he gambled and he lost. However, it worked out to our benefit that he didn’t take the offer.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,130
    Quote Originally Posted by njg85m View Post
    I tend to agree with you, but another train of thought that's tossed around is that Smith had a good idea of how bad his injury really was and wanted to get paid the most that he could at the time knowing that he would never see that money again in case he never really did recover.
    Either way, I don't fault him.
    I don’t fault Steve Smith. He had to take what he could get when he could get it. I wish him the best.

  10. #10
    Veteran JJC7301's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,957
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I never saw Smith as a "traitor" but did see him as being gullible to believe he was going to get healthy sooner in Igglesland. I always saw that more as the Eagles not wanting Smith here, rather than wanting him there.
    +1. And desperate to cash in ASAP incase his injury was career threatening.

    To this day I still don't understand the hatred on these boards towards SS. Business is business whether it's the FO or the player making the decision.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts