+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Difference between the GIANTS and the jets...

Difference between the GIANTS and the jets...

Did you notice yesterday that Canty, Boley, and Bradshaw had nothing but nice things to say about the GIANTS after they were let go?

Meanwhile every jet that leaves, even some coaches, cannot not stop talking about how bad the locker room was or how bad Tebow was?

We have a winning environment in our organization and handle everything the right way and treat everyone with respect, and make sure everyone understands that the team is what matters.

I am so glad we have people like Coughlin and Reese running the show for the Mara's and Tisch's.

I know we came up short this year, but Canty Boley and Bradshaw enforced what we knew to be good about the GIANTS.

I'm glad these guys being released now are true class acts. I will really miss them and wish them well in their future endeavors, in or out of football.

But it was not always that way. Plax, Tiki, and Shockey were some of the most selfish people, but all predated TC. SS12 didn't predate TC, but he flipped straight traitor on us going to Philly even though we had given him an offer, and called Reese a liar in public. No love there. But I look at guys more recently... Manningham, Jacobs, and now the three that were released now, and all of them have nothing but good things to say about the Giants. Jacobs said after his, uhh, experience at the hands of Jim Harbaugh that he would only ever play for the Giants (which means it's likely he's going to retire now). It's a far cry from the hate that other former Giants used to give...

Veteran
    retirement home in Dallas (my son married a Texas gal. Woe is me)
    "Class act" is the most overused phrase on this message board.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy_Ribs View Post
    Did you notice yesterday that Canty, Boley, and Bradshaw had nothing but nice things to say about the GIANTS after they were let go?

Meanwhile every jet that leaves, even some coaches, cannot not stop talking about how bad the locker room was or how bad Tebow was?

We have a winning environment in our organization and handle everything the right way and treat everyone with respect, and make sure everyone understands that the team is what matters.

I am so glad we have people like Coughlin and Reese running the show for the Mara's and Tisch's.

I know we came up short this year, but Canty Boley and Bradshaw enforced what we knew to be good about the GIANTS.
    Class starts at the top of any organization and it's something you can't manufacture. Either you have it or you don't and the Mara's built this team showing the way.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    I'm glad these guys being released now are true class acts. I will really miss them and wish them well in their future endeavors, in or out of football.

But it was not always that way. Plax, Tiki, and Shockey were some of the most selfish people, but all predated TC. SS12 didn't predate TC, but he flipped straight traitor on us going to Philly even though we had given him an offer, and called Reese a liar in public. No love there. But I look at guys more recently... Manningham, Jacobs, and now the three that were released now, and all of them have nothing but good things to say about the Giants. Jacobs said after his, uhh, experience at the hands of Jim Harbaugh that he would only ever play for the Giants (which means it's likely he's going to retire now). It's a far cry from the hate that other former Giants used to give...
    I never saw Smith as a "traitor" but did see him as being gullible to believe he was going to get healthy sooner in Igglesland. I always saw that more as the Eagles not wanting Smith here, rather than wanting him there.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Class starts at the top of any organization and it's something you can't manufacture. Either you have it or you don't and the Mara's built this team showing the way.
    So true. Class and attitude reflect leadership.

That and about 3 Super Bowl wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy_Ribs View Post
    Did you notice yesterday that Canty, Boley, and Bradshaw had nothing but nice things to say about the GIANTS after they were let go?Meanwhile every jet that leaves, even some coaches, cannot not stop talking about how bad the locker room was or how bad Tebow was?We have a winning environment in our organization and handle everything the right way and treat everyone with respect, and make sure everyone understands that the team is what matters.I am so glad we have people like Coughlin and Reese running the show for the Mara's and Tisch's.I know we came up short this year, but Canty Boley and Bradshaw enforced what we knew to be good about the GIANTS.
    +1
    2014 Mock Draft 3.0

Round, Position, Player, School

1) TE, Eric Ebron, UNC
    2) DT/DE, Stephon Tuitt, Notre Dame
    3) WR, Jarvis Landry, LSU
    4) DE, Will Clarke, West Virginia
    5) C, Tyler Larsen, Utah State
    5) RB, Storm Johnson, UCF (Compensatory)
    6) OT, Seantrel Henderson, Miami (Prediction)
    UDFA- OLB, Boseko Lokombo, Oregon

With the 12th pick overall,
    the New York Giants select...
    Eric Ebron, Tight End, University of North Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by Giants5699 View Post
    "Class act" is the most overused phrase on this message board.
    Don't worry, no one is going to use it on you.
    RosieVision - Helping Giants fans see clearly since 2006

http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I never saw Smith as a "traitor" but did see him as being gullible to believe he was going to get healthy sooner in Igglesland. I always saw that more as the Eagles not wanting Smith here, rather than wanting him there.
    I tend to agree with you, but another train of thought that's tossed around is that Smith had a good idea of how bad his injury really was and wanted to get paid the most that he could at the time knowing that he would never see that money again in case he never really did recover.
    Either way, I don't fault him.

+ Reply to Thread