+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Difference between the GIANTS and the jets...

Quote Originally Posted by njg85m View Post
    I tend to agree with you, but another train of thought that's tossed around is that Smith had a good idea of how bad his injury really was and wanted to get paid the most that he could at the time knowing that he would never see that money again in case he never really did recover.
    Either way, I don't fault him.
    +1
    No one remembers who came in second.

I tend to agree with you, but another train of thought that's tossed around is that Smith had a good idea of how bad his injury really was and wanted to get paid the most that he could at the time knowing that he would never see that money again in case he never really did recover.
    I don't fault him either, but if he had taken the offer that was made to him before he was injured.....
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I don't fault him either, but if he had taken the offer that was made to him before he was injured.....
    Yup, pretty much.
    He gambled big - and lost.

Banned
    I don’t fault Steve Smith. He had to take what he could get when he could get it. I wish him the best.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Yeah, he should’ve taken that offer but he gambled and he lost. However, it worked out to our benefit that he didn’t take the offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    I'm glad these guys being released now are true class acts. I will really miss them and wish them well in their future endeavors, in or out of football.

But it was not always that way. Plax, Tiki, and Shockey were some of the most selfish people, but all predated TC. SS12 didn't predate TC, but he flipped straight traitor on us going to Philly even though we had given him an offer, and called Reese a liar in public. No love there. But I look at guys more recently... Manningham, Jacobs, and now the three that were released now, and all of them have nothing but good things to say about the Giants. Jacobs said after his, uhh, experience at the hands of Jim Harbaugh that he would only ever play for the Giants (which means it's likely he's going to retire now). It's a far cry from the hate that other former Giants used to give...
    It's because they are leaving here with some hardware on there finger. They are greatful that they were here to win a championship. Of coarse guys leaving the Jets are gonna have bad things to say. They are a circus and have been mostly unsuccessful.

Veteran
    retirement home in Dallas (my son married a Texas gal. Woe is me)
    Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    Don't worry, no one is going to use it on you.
    Thank God. I'll save classiness for hipsters and wannabe politicians.

Tiki might be the only exception. It was disappointing what he said about teammates and coaches.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants5699 View Post
    "Class act" is the most overused phrase on this message board.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    Yeah, he should’ve taken that offer but he gambled and he lost. However, it worked out to our benefit that he didn’t take the offer.
    It did indeed
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

+ Reply to Thread