+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Difference between the GIANTS and the jets...

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    So, the two teams that tried cheating the no cap year and were punished rather unanimously by the rest of the owners are pissed at the head of the owner's committee that punished them? Sure, there's no bias there.
    I believe the reason Redskin and Cowboy fans are so incensed is because Mara initially brought it up and spearheaded it. Petty of them either way.

The difference between the Giants and the Jets. Lol.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mercurio View Post
    JR is the GIANTS GM as TC is the coach and Eli is the QB. Support them.
    Couldn't have said it better.

Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    Simply put.........Class is the difference between Giants and Jets.
    The jets have class, it's all third
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by DandyDon View Post
    No one would call Al Davis "classy," but when was the last playoff appearance for the Raiders? He became a wacko, and his team died.

Whether you call it class, or efficiency, or drive, the players mostly reflect the organization coming down from the top. The Jets are a joke, cause their owner is a joke. His head coach is a clown, and so on down though the organization.

Nobody in the NFL, regardless of whether they like or hate the Giants, dont have respect for them. The players that leave wont talk crap because they know they played for a first class organization, and if they did talk crap, they would have a harder time getting a job elsewhere. Its pretty simple.

I hate the Patriots, but I respect them, and their organization (and owner) deserves it.
    So I get that you think that Bob Kraft is a class act and I agree with that. But it obviously doesn't trickle down. BB while a great coach is not really regarded as a class act in the NFL. They win because they are well coached and have a superstar QB, not because they have a classy owner.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    The jets have class, it's all third
    I would have used the word "low" but I won't quibble.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    I would have used the word "low" but I won't quibble.
    It was a toss up
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty192 View Post
    I believe the reason Redskin and Cowboy fans are so incensed is because Mara initially brought it up and spearheaded it. Petty of them either way.
    Mara just so happened to be the head of the committee that meted out the punishments. The vote on the punishment was 29-0. Mara may have been the vocal one, as he was the chair, but it by far was not solely or even primarily his doing.

Veteran
    Not talking so much about class or trickle-down. The point I was trying to make is it's all about the organization, and I believe that a quality organization starts at the top. Few organizations have all great (or classy) members, but the good ones bring the best in all their members, and IMHO, that starts at the top.

I know this is a ridiculous comparison, but by my house we have 2 Wawas within a few miles of each other that are physically identical in almost every way. I love a tuna sandwich, and often go to one or the other to get one. At one store, the employees are happy and pleasant, and you get great service and they make consistantly good sandwiches. At the other, the employees all have attitudes, and on any given day you are likely to get the wrong ingredients on your sandwich, the wrong sandwitch, or when you open the wrapper, you find everything all over the wrapper, instead of inside the sandwitch.

Whats the difference between the 2 stores? Management/Organization.

Unfortunately, guess which one is much closer to my home....?

The Jets oragnization shold be named Ringling Brothers.......the place is a circus that wants to get the same media attention the Giants get........since they can't get headlines by winning, they'll take it anyway they can.
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, “**** waffles.”......G Carlin

+ Reply to Thread