+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Giants resign Shaun Rogers

I hope he still has a little "beast" left in his tank...

(I also hope Marvelous Marvin Austin avoids bust-status)

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Nice. He looked promising before that blood clot. Question is, is that kind of problem something that can recur?
    I can't imagine them re-singing him if there was a serious medical issue pending.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Hey Bunky
    Hey Ro.......
    some moves going on. Hopefully for the best.....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Nice. He looked promising before that blood clot. Question is, is that kind of problem something that can recur?
    Depends on the reason. If he has Factor V Leiden or another clotting disorder, there's a chance it could occur again. However, if he does have a clotting disorder he'd be on an anti-coagulant regimen (warfarin, lovenox, or another blood thinner) and he'd be getting his PT and INR checked on a regular basis. If he is on an AC regimen, depending on where the doctors want his clotting factor at he wouldn't get medical clearance to play (if the doctors wanted to keep his PT/INR north of 3, there'd be an increased chance of internal bleeding, especially bleeding in the brain).

Chances are better than not, he doesn't have any clotting disorder (assuming this is his first issue with clots), as he would have had to pass a physical to sign back. He was probably on a AC regimen for 6 months and the doctors will probably take weekly/biweekly blood tests to make sure his clotting factor stays within the norm.

Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    I guess I'm one of the few Giants fans that wasn't too impressed with Kuhn. He made plays here and there but for the most part I saw a guy that got pushed around pretty good.
    I'm right there with you, I know it was his first year and he was a late draft pick, but I'm not sure why people are acting like he's guaranteed that starting position next to Linval.

And I also don't think we're "solid" with Joseph, Kuhn, Rogers, and Austin....Linval is the only one proven to be a full time starter out of that group.

Veteran
    Rochester, NY Yes Bills contry what can I do its where I live
    Why the link? Wasn't this just an opinion? In any case, I'd say the jury is still out on Austin for sure. I'd like to see more from Kuhn as well. Rogers is a proven vet, but with mileage. Let's hope he has fully recovered and has more to give. All-in-all, I'd still say we are in a wait and see situation with the DT position. A good draft pick would still be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    Hey Ro.......
    some moves going on. Hopefully for the best.....
    We'll know for sure when we see the final 53
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by GiantRoc View Post
    Why the link? Wasn't this just an opinion? In any case, I'd say the jury is still out on Austin for sure. I'd like to see more from Kuhn as well. Rogers is a proven vet, but with mileage. Let's hope he has fully recovered and has more to give. All-in-all, I'd still say we are in a wait and see situation with the DT position. A good draft pick would still be nice.
    The headline reads "Giants resign Shaun Rogers." That's a factual statement, not an opinion.

# 80

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Depends on the reason. If he has Factor V Leiden or another clotting disorder, there's a chance it could occur again. However, if he does have a clotting disorder he'd be on an anti-coagulant regimen (warfarin, lovenox, or another blood thinner) and he'd be getting his PT and INR checked on a regular basis. If he is on an AC regimen, depending on where the doctors want his clotting factor at he wouldn't get medical clearance to play (if the doctors wanted to keep his PT/INR north of 3, there'd be an increased chance of internal bleeding, especially bleeding in the brain).

Chances are better than not, he doesn't have any clotting disorder (assuming this is his first issue with clots), as he would have had to pass a physical to sign back. He was probably on a AC regimen for 6 months and the doctors will probably take weekly/biweekly blood tests to make sure his clotting factor stays within the norm.
    DAMN. Was I just reading one of my wife's medical journals? Nice info. Or did you stay at a Holiday Inn Express??? lol

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    The headline reads "Giants resign Shaun Rogers." That's a factual statement, not an opinion.
    Ah. Must have been the timing when I saw it. I had seen the news on the home page before I came in here.

+ Reply to Thread