+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Tuck, Osi, Chase, Webster, Snee, Diehl. Who should go?

Bench Player
    Webster, Tuck, and Diehl all stay. If Locklear hadn't had his injury, I'd say Diehl could go, but based on how important those positions are, these guys stay.

Blackburn and Osi are gone already right?

Snee should have a chance to prove he's healthy, but he's signed and was our best OL, not sure how we could justify gettng rid of him.

IDK...but with all the FA and cuts, Reese has a lot of convincing to do to prove we will compete for a world title....

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I hope you're wrong about the first pick. We have Tracy and Ojomo in the wings behind JPP, Tuck, and Kiwanuka. We need to address right tackle first, IMO
    I think if Alec Ogeltree is there at 19 he is the pick,,we are desperate for LB's and he fits the giants defensive scheme perfectly. he is also the kinda guy Reese likes to draft,,,extremely athletic but a tad raw, but with huge upside. He could very well turn out to be one of the best players taken in this draft a few years from now. now if a stud OL falls to us then maybe so,,if not,,we can find somebody from the second round on,,historically the giants do not go OL in the first,,,it will most likely be defense,,DE/DT/LB/CB. just my opinion.

Diehl and T2 will get the ax.
    We Want 5!

Hey just joined the board, and a bit off topic but why dont teams with cap room pay out the bonuses that they have now to free up cap space later in the event they have to cut people later. For example the browns have something like 50 MM of cap space. Why not pay out more of their bonuses and even salary now so they free up room later. Am I wrong in thinking that no team should have a season under the cap because they should front load the contracts they have if they have excess cap room

Wow. This thread is still goin' strong. I just started it to get a quick feedback, but dang! This is awesome. That's why I love this message board.
    2014 Our Picks "Don't you just love this draft?! "#Sexy
    Round, Player, Position

1) Pick- Odell Beckham Jr.! /WR
    2) Pick- Weston Richburg /C
    3) Pick- Jay Bromley /DT
    4) Pick- Andre Williams! /RB
    5) Pick- Nat Berhe! /SS
    5) Pick- Devon Kennard /LB (Comp.)
    6) Pick- Bennett Jackson /CB

Starter
    Too soon to say about all except OSI. Osi, he will probably get an offer. If Kiwi returns to the line he's a force against the run. DT has to be the priority. If we get dominant there again the DE's willl do fine. They probably won't sign Chase until they see what they can get in free agency. I'd like to see Chase return as MLB, he wasn't the problem at all.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by blueomaha View Post
    IDK...but with all the FA and cuts, Reese has a lot of convincing to do to prove we will compete for a world title....
    at least if this was all happening at the end of the 2013 season we'd at least be able to think in terms of them rebuilding and setting up to go and get Eli's replacement in the draft. Manziel comes out in two years
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Quote Originally Posted by blueomaha View Post
    I don't know about that. Our performance last year was not at a Championship level. The biggest part of that had to do with the talent level and that related to salary cap restrictions...............we can't sign better players if there isn't enough dough to go around. So, for me, the first part of improving is purging the players and/or contracts that are standing in the way of significant upgrades on talent. I am excited by the decisiveness of it and can't wait to see what come of this financial maneuvering.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Snee was our best lineman? Why cause some idiots gave him Pro Bowl votes. He hasnt been worth his lofty salary for three years now.

+ Reply to Thread