+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Well, it's a lot better than this year where we were near or at the top of tough schedules. I wrote a message about this a month or so ago. I compared 2012 to 2013 based on opponents performance in 2012.

Based on 2012 performance we have the easiest schedule in our division but not by much. Actually all four teams are around the middle of the pack.

Of course, this is just one aspect of what goes into a successful season but it sure is important for getting into the playoffs and one should never underestimate the importance of that.

I have dug into the details, but I don't (mathematically) understand how the Eagles who will play a 4th place schedule could have a more difficult schedule the Cowboys or us.

Teams can change so much over the course of an off-season, you don't truly know the strength of your schedule until you've finished playing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Teams can change so much over the course of an off-season, you don't truly know the strength of your schedule until you've finished playing it.
    This is true in the strict sense of the words but the difference between our 2012 and 2013 is so huge that there is no way next year will be tougher than this year. Of course, this is only 10% of the equation. The 90% is how good of a team we are next year. But given how close we came to making the playoffs this year, I am convinced we would have made it if we had had a half decent schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by ebick View Post
    I have dug into the details, but I don't (mathematically) understand how the Eagles who will play a 4th place schedule could have a more difficult schedule the Cowboys or us.
    It is because it looks at our schedule as having two games against the Eagles who were 4 and 12, while they have two against us at 9-7. Two games against them at 4-12 decreases our opponents overall winning%. While us at 9-7 increases there opponents winning%.

Veteran
    if we go 9-7 with that schedule, someone needs to get fired...

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud57 View Post
    damn cowboys...lol
    They could be playing the Chiefs for all 16 games and still find a way to lose.

Veteran
    At least the Cowboys have to travel down to the Bayou and we don't. Plus they're going to have Rob Ryan next year

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Very very true.

And us playing lesser teams don't really​ favor us since we play to the level of our competition. Maybe that will change this year..