+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Strength of schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by flashnando View Post
    Can you blame him? Giants always make it interesting no matter who they are playing.
    Not against the Saints, Packers and 49ers. Giants beat them real bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post

And us playing lesser teams don't really​ favor us since we play to the level of our competition. Maybe that will change this year..
    Sorry to take you as an example because you are not the only one who keeps repeating this without looking at the facts. I don't know how to get a copy of the message I wrote a while back where I calculated our 2012 winning percentage versus first tier teams and compared it as to how we did versus the rest of the teams. Don't remember the exact numbers but we were in the 40% range versus the first tier and over 60% versus the rest of the teams. So it is not true that we play down to the competition's level. What is a fact is that we played a hell of a lot of first tier teams this year. The schedule looked bad going into the season and it turned out to be even worse than it looked.

Quote Originally Posted by danielboone View Post
    Sorry to take you as an example because you are not the only one who keeps repeating this without looking at the facts. I don't know how to get a copy of the message I wrote a while back where I calculated our 2012 winning percentage versus first tier teams and compared it as to how we did versus the rest of the teams. Don't remember the exact numbers but we were in the 40% range versus the first tier and over 60% versus the rest of the teams. So it is not true that we play down to the competition's level. What is a fact is that we played a hell of a lot of first tier teams this year. The schedule looked bad going into the season and it turned out to be even worse than it looked.
    We may have won those games, but our performance was probably average. You can search you forum posts by clicking your name, and selecting "View forum posts".

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    We may have won those games, but our performance was probably average. You can search you forum posts by clicking your name, and selecting "View forum posts".
    Thanks for the tip on the posts and I do agree with you that most of our wins were by small margins. But you know the old adage: "Winning is the only thing." On the other hand, I agree that being a Giants fan is hazardous for people with a heart condition.

Thanks for the tip on the posts and I do agree with you that most of our wins were by small margins. But you know the old adage: "Winning is the only thing." On the other hand, I agree that being a Giants fan is hazardous for people with a heart condition.
    Oh I'm not complaining about the win, of course not. Just pointing out a rather annoying flaw with our New York Giants

To put this into perspective, if you take away the two games we play next year against the Eagles who went 4-12 this past year, it changes our opponents 2012 record to 115-109. This moves the winning percentage above 500. Basically saying that while it appears we have a real easy schedule, based on this list, the two games against the Eagles really drag down our position on that list. Same goes for the Cowboys and Redskins. And we all know how we play against the Eagles.

Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    To put this into perspective, if you take away the two games we play next year against the Eagles who went 4-12 this past year, it changes our opponents 2012 record to 115-109. This moves the winning percentage above 500. Basically saying that while it appears we have a real easy schedule, based on this list, the two games against the Eagles really drag down our position on that list. Same goes for the Cowboys and Redskins. And we all know how we play against the Eagles.
    Right

Sweet.
    Quote Originally Posted by mercurio View Post
    JR is the GIANTS GM as TC is the coach and Eli is the QB. Support them.
    Couldn't have said it better.

Thing is this year's winning percentage of our opponents was the HIGHEST in the league. So even taking away the Eagle's record (which is quite a big change) the winning percentage in 2013 of around 50% is a HUGE improvement over this year.

On another track, it is interesting to see some fans have so LITTLE faith in the team. According to them we are horrible against the Eagles and always will be. With the Cowboys and Redskins not far behind. What the f. Maybe it's a psychological ploy to avoid the sadness when the team does not make the playoffs. They don't want to get their hopes up. But, man, isn't that the definition of a fan? Someone who dreams his team will win big. You see fans in cities that have not made the playoffs in decades and they are still there rooting and hoping. Sometimes I do agree that Giants fans are spoiled.

Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post

Thing is this year's winning percentage of our opponents was the HIGHEST in the league. So even taking away the Eagle's record (which is quite a big change) the winning percentage in 2013 of around 50% is a HUGE improvement over this year.

On another track, it is interesting to see some fans have so LITTLE faith in the team. According to them we are horrible against the Eagles and always will be. With the Cowboys and Redskins not far behind. What the f. Maybe it's a psychological ploy to avoid the sadness when the team does not make the playoffs. They don't want to get their hopes up. But, man, isn't that the definition of a fan? Someone who dreams his team will win big. You see fans in cities that have not made the playoffs in decades and they are still there rooting and hoping. Sometimes I do agree that Giants fans are spoiled.
    If you are referring to my last sentence about how we play against the Eagles, I was more trying to explain that while the strength of schedule may look good, a big reason it showing as so weak is because of the Eagles 2012 record. And the facts are the facts, we havent faired to well against them. Pretty much that the schedule is not as easy as it looks on that list.

+ Reply to Thread