+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Strength of schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by danielboone View Post
    On another track, it is interesting to see some fans have so LITTLE faith in the team. According to them we are horrible against the Eagles and always will be. With the Cowboys and Redskins not far behind. What the f. Maybe it's a psychological ploy to avoid the sadness when the team does not make the playoffs. They don't want to get their hopes up. But, man, isn't that the definition of a fan? Someone who dreams his team will win big. You see fans in cities that have not made the playoffs in decades and they are still there rooting and hoping. Sometimes I do agree that Giants fans are spoiled.
    The Giants have struggled against the Eagles, that's just a stone cold fact. Eli is 6-13 against them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    These analyses never work looking forward. At best you get a few clues but at the pace that things change in the NFL, you won't know who had the toughest schedule until the season is over. Even then there is always an asterik because the weak divisions play a bunch of weak teams so a team with 10 wins in one division might actually be worse than a team with 8 wins in a stronger division.

Don't get me wrong, I like to look at these articles as much as anyone. In the end they are only fodder for boards like this.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by danielboone View Post
    Thing is this year's winning percentage of our opponents was the HIGHEST in the league. So even taking away the Eagle's record (which is quite a big change) the winning percentage in 2013 of around 50% is a HUGE improvement over this year.

On another track, it is interesting to see some fans have so LITTLE faith in the team. According to them we are horrible against the Eagles and always will be. With the Cowboys and Redskins not far behind. What the f. Maybe it's a psychological ploy to avoid the sadness when the team does not make the playoffs. They don't want to get their hopes up. But, man, isn't that the definition of a fan? Someone who dreams his team will win big. You see fans in cities that have not made the playoffs in decades and they are still there rooting and hoping. Sometimes I do agree that Giants fans are spoiled.
    Exactly this. It is a huge myth around here that we "play down" to crappy teams and lose all the time to them. Maybe we are getting their best effort because we are a good team. Who cares if the game was tight, you can't blow out every team because "they suck" or whatever. So what the score is closer than our fans want it or something. This is still the NFL. A win is a win.

Does anyone know where I can find the Giants 2012 strength of schedule based on actual win-loss record? Typically SOS based on previous season record is terribly inaccurate.

Veteran
    Rochester, NY Yes Bills contry what can I do its where I live
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloud57 View Post
    if we go 9-7 with that schedule, someone needs to get fired...
    Another 9-7 season is a horrible thought. But yes, it would show a system problem. Changes would have to be made.

Quote Originally Posted by lamas View Post
    Does anyone know where I can find the Giants 2012 strength of schedule based on actual win-loss record? Typically SOS based on previous season record is terribly inaccurate.
    Not quite what you're after, but there is a slightly different take on it here. They've taken into account how the team in question affected their opponent's win/loss record.

Hardest to easiest:
    1. Lions
    2. Cardinals
    3. Rams
    4. Vikings
    5. Giants
    6. Cowboys
    7. Packers
    8. Bears
    9. Saints
    10. 49ers
    11. Jaguars
    12. Seahawks
    13. Panthers
    14. Texans
    15. Patriots
    16. Titans
    17. Ravens
    18. Jets
    19. Redskins
    20. Buccaneers
    21. Browns
    22. Dolphins
    23. Chiefs
    24. Eagles
    25. Broncos
    26. Bills
    27. Steelers
    28. Raiders
    29. Chargers
    30. Colts
    31. Bengals
    32. Falcons

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud57 View Post
    if we go 9-7 with that schedule, someone needs to get fired...
    +1
    New York Giants Superbowl XXI, XXV, XLII, XLVI Champions!!!!!

I swear if the Giants don't make the playoffs with this schedule in 2013, they don't deserve to be in the playoffs.
    New York Giants Superbowl XXI, XXV, XLII, XLVI Champions!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Antwuan View Post
    I swear if the Giants don't make the playoffs with this schedule in 2013, they don't deserve to be in the playoffs.
    They rarely deserve to be in the playoffs.

+ Reply to Thread