+ Reply to Thread

Best Offseason In A While

Although I will miss the guys cut, I am really excited to see some young hungry players looking to make a name for themselves. Maybe we get lucky and are able to reboot and still be a playoff team like the Pats have been able to do. Next man up starting early this year.

I'm not upset about the cuts because it's time to clean a little house anyway, but I honestly think it's key to get AB back at a lower price (if he'll come back). He's one of the last of the current Giants who has heart and is a leader.

Would $3M/year REALLY be too much for a guy who, while having feet issues, still racked up over 1,000 YDS? Not IMO.

yea im looking forward to the offseason as well! what the Giants do with the defense will be interesting!

with Osi Boley Canty gone and Tuck and Webby regressing Fewell has a lot of work if we stand a chance of playoffs next year!

Something ones me to see them keep cutting and cutting. I know that the intention is not a complete rebuild, but I'm kinda feeling the need for it.

And besides talent, this team needs to import HEART, A BRADSHAW-LIKE PITBULL MENTALITY, AND CONSISTENCY.

I think Webster lost his confidence once teams began to target him when his hand was in a cast. I really expect him to have a bounce back year. Hopefully the injuries in the secondary has an off year and TT even makes a comeback.

Quote Originally Posted by JJC7301 View Post
    I'm not upset about the cuts because it's time to clean a little house anyway, but I honestly think it's key to get AB back at a lower price (if he'll come back). He's one of the last of the current Giants who has heart and is a leader.

Would $3M/year REALLY be too much for a guy who, while having feet issues, still racked up over 1,000 YDS? Not IMO.
    yeah it would be to much considering that would be basically all the cap space we saved by cutting him

Quote Originally Posted by GetYourOsiUp View Post
    I think Webster lost his confidence once teams began to target him when his hand was in a cast. I really expect him to have a bounce back year. Hopefully the injuries in the secondary has an off year and TT even makes a comeback.
    That would be fine if his cap number wasnt so high. That 8 million saved could bring in a good player

we wouldnt cut AB to bring him back we didnt save anything cutting him. we got hit with a cap penalty this year for him.

Quote Originally Posted by JJC7301 View Post
    He'd be worth it, but I'm sure Wilson will do just fine.

It's been a busy and shocking offseason thus far which means it's been pretty entertaining lol.