+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Question for some of you about keeping Corey Webster

Starter

Question for some of you about keeping Corey Webster

why would any of you want to keep Corey Webster with how bad he played last year. he was seriously terrible. by the end of the season he look like he was just giving up on plays. wouldn't you want to cut him and pay money to a free agent corner that is actually good. he's really not that big of a loss if we cut him.... not a standout corner in the NFL, not even a standout player on the Giants who don't even have Good cornerbacks. why would you want him to stay?

I dont want to put big money into the position yet. Rather keep webster and find another CB in the draft this or next year.

Corey Toaster...

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckKnoxx View Post
    Whatever [Tom Quinn] says to keep a near decade long job has to be truly inspirational for him not to be working at IKEA right now.

The FA market for CB year in and year out is always overblown . I prefer to eat away the cap hit on Webster's contract at least for one more year and have a well known veteran presence on the team. For what its worth I cut Corey some slack this past year playing with a broken hand practically half a season. Like Slip mention we can look for his replacement via draft this year, the's good material available.

While his stay as a Giant has to be in question,it is still up to the folks in high places to decide.It was e vident in many games that the opposing team went after Corey early in the game.Sometimes he withstood the th barrage of passes his way and settled into having a pretty good game while other times he was singled out and played poorly.I am sure he is being highly scrutinized and having released two defensive veterans already,it would not shock me to see him join them.One thing to note in his defense is his superlative hands which have lead to many interceptions.Many backs are good in coverage but miss opportunities for int.'s because they just don't have good hands and never will.

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    I dont want to put big money into the position yet. Rather keep webster and find another CB in the draft this or next year.
    You wanna draft corner high?? We did draft prince in the first and Hosely in the 3rd? We still have needs at lb and o line also.... I wouldn't mind getting a corner in the draft but they never adress the oline LB positions though I feel like gotta make a move this year. I feel like we have a lot to do after seeing these cuts haha

Toast... sometimes light, sometimes dark but the numbers aren't good. Even when he played and put it out there he got rocked. And don't talk about Holsey being the answer. Is Sam Madison still playin? Go Giants!

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    +1. I'm willing to bet that it was an off year for Webster due to injuries and whatever else. $7M is not bad for a very good CB, which is what Web was before last year. There's not enough proven depth at the position to get rid of him yet.

Quote Originally Posted by BigJ View Post
    You wanna draft corner high?? We did draft prince in the first and Hosely in the 3rd? We still have needs at lb and o line also.... I wouldn't mind getting a corner in the draft but they never adress the oline LB positions though I feel like gotta make a move this year. I feel like we have a lot to do after seeing these cuts haha
    I think they try to address OT (especially if they lose Beatty) and DT in FA. CB they take one probably 2-4th round, there is some good quality there this year.

There is also the fact that is was just one poor year.

+ Reply to Thread