+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Can u expand on that? I mean its the same defense from 2011 and he played really well
    If he played very well in 011, then why are these posts talk about getting rid of him? All players are going to have a down year. Yet a defenisiveline that does not give pressure to the O-line is not the right scheme don't you think? If Webster was bad, then there has to be problems with the rest of them cause they gave up a lot of yards. I know Webster did not give all those yards the Giants gave up by himself.

I honestly think having Prince opposite him didn't make him look good. Ross took a lot of targets away.

But you have to wonder if some of our backups can play better than Corey. If so, that's a lot of cap space cleared. If not, then we need him.

Using the "exposed" reasoning is also a flawed argument as if these were his issues all along. He was among the most targeted CBs in 2011, and still managed to hold his own.

Quote Originally Posted by BigJ View Post
    we have what is considered one of the best lines in the league for years now, don't blame it on the line when there are other teams in this league that don't have a pass rush even close to ours and their coners cover just fine. obviously Revis is way better but the Jets have no pass rush. QBs picked on CWebb all year he was terrible. Don't blame it on the line
    Our defensive line sucked last year in the pass rush. I don't give a crap what they've done in the past. Last year they underperformed. End of story.

Quote Originally Posted by RagTime Blue View Post
    I honestly think having Prince opposite him didn't make him look good. Ross took a lot of targets away.

But you have to wonder if some of our backups can play better than Corey. If so, that's a lot of cap space cleared. If not, then we need him.
    Yeah, because Hosley and Tryon looked so brilliant when they were on the field? I also don't get the feeling that Hosley will be well suited to playing outside. I can't give you any technical reasons, just a feeling I get when I saw him play.

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Our defensive line sucked last year in the pass rush. I don't give a crap what they've done in the past. Last year they underperformed. End of story.
    yes they were terrible last year, but so was Cory Webster. So if people are goin to say that he played bad because our d-line sucked. then he must have only played good because our d lined was a force....

Quote Originally Posted by BigJ View Post
    yes they were terrible last year, but so was Cory Webster. So if people are goin to say that he played bad because our d-line sucked. then he must have only played good because our d lined was a force....
    No one is saying that Webster played well last year. However, saying that better production from the DL won't help the secondary any is a ridiculous statement, especially if the defense of the DL is that they played well in the past. If that's the case, we can make the same argument for Webster.

Replace him in the second round with the Honeybadger!

Corey Toaster made Joe Flacco look like Joe Montana in the game @Ravens. One of the most embarrassing performances i've witnessed.