+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: band of brothers....the pacific

band of brothers....the pacific

have you guys seen these two mini series? holy crap are they good. I love how the stories are fairly accurate and actually use some of the men who were portrayed in the series for commentary. I have always been a history buff,,,but what these men went through is nothing short of hell. I have immense respect for each and every one of them. if you haven't seen either,,check it out,,you will not regret it.

i LOVED Band of Brothers. It's been years since I've seen it though, so I would like to re-watch that soon.

I have The Pacific on my computer, but have not had the time to watch it yet. Maybe this weekend's snow storm will give me reason to start it lol.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Both were really good. History buff as well. Band of Brothers was by far better because it focused on a company instead of the whole 1st Division of the Marines.

The episode Easy took the artillery battery on DDay with 13 guys was probably my favorite. Outnumbered about 6 to 1 and still got it done.

Hanks and Speil are making another one on "The Mighty 8th "Army Air Force. Dog fights with the P51 should be amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    Both were really good. History buff as well. Band of Brothers was by far better because it focused on a company instead of the whole 1st Division of the Marines.

The episode Easy took the artillery battery on DDay with 13 guys was probably my favorite. Outnumbered about 6 to 1 and still got it done.

Hanks and Speil are making another one on "The Mighty 8th "Army Air Force. Dog fights with the P51 should be amazing.
    sweet,,,I kick myself for missing BoB when it originally came out.

BoB was much better than The Pacific. I think they spent to much time with the soldiers 'on leave' in the Pacific. I didn't like the characters as much in it compared to BoB. I thought they could have gotten someone better to play Sledge than the kid from the first Jurassic Park. Music was great though.

Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    sweet,,,I kick myself for missing BoB when it originally came out.
    Hardly anyone knew about BoB when it first came out, probably due to the country's consciousness preoccupied by 9/11. Only years later when they aired re-runs did it gain more popularity.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty192 View Post
    Hardly anyone knew about BoB when it first came out, probably due to the country's consciousness preoccupied by 9/11. Only years later when they aired re-runs did it gain more popularity.
    Really? never noticed that. My buddy bought the dvd box set when it came out,and we spent a weekend in a blizzard watching it, all the way thru. Man, that living room must have reeked of scotch, beer and body odor, HAHA
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    Really? never noticed that. My buddy bought the dvd box set when it came out,and we spent a weekend in a blizzard watching it, all the way thru. Man, that living room must have reeked of scotch, beer and body odor, HAHA
    I think HBO was saying it, they had much more interest in it years after it was initially released due to re-runs.

Band of Brothers, I bet I've watched that series, easy, 50 times.
    I'd have to say Bastonge was my favourite episode.
    The Pacific revolved around 3 main charecters, and while they succeeded in developing a more in depth look at the individual, they lost the " Band of Brothers " feel that made the original so easy to watch.
    my beer drinking team has a football problem

Quote Originally Posted by poppa smurph View Post
    Band of Brothers, I bet I've watched that series, easy, 50 times.
    I'd have to say Bastonge was my favourite episode.
    The Pacific revolved around 3 main charecters, and while they succeeded in developing a more in depth look at the individual, they lost the " Band of Brothers " feel that made the original so easy to watch.
    My Uncle was at Bastogne and was taken prisoner. He just turned 88 this week.
    Get well soon 80.

+ Reply to Thread