+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 67 1231151 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Giants' Victor Cruz Says There's Been No Movement In Contract Talks

http://www.giants101.com/2013/01/31/...ontract-talks/

Excerpt: "One of the New York Giants' top priorities this offseason is to come to a contractual agreement with wide receiver Victor Cruz, who is slated to become a Restricted Free Agent (RFA) in March. And although the two sides have periodically attempted to work on finalizing a new deal, they are no closer now than they were during the season when negotiations were initially tabled.

While appearing on SiriusXM NFL Radio on Thursday morning, Cruz revealed that there has been no progress, and that he and his agent are patiently waiting for the Giants to return with a counter-offer.

"We're just waiting for them to come back to us," Cruz said. “I’m not getting antsy at all … I know they have to come around at some point.” Read more...

Cruz wants big raise - Mara says no $$$$$ any time soon
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/giants-...1RgxMAzvzQtDMD

Since the cap is tighter than a nun's privates , we are in trouble.

Cruz also not ruling out a hold out wants 10mil per.

(i think he earned a big contract playing for below 400k for 2 seasons. )

Last edited by RoanokeFan; 02-02-2013 at 03:29 PM.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

So Cruz puts a massive contract on the table. Then walks away and says they will agree to it eventually when they get desperate enough?

Yea. He is getting tendered this year and walking away next year.

Reese puts a value on guys and doesn't over pay them. Sorry Cruz.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    So Cruz puts a massive contract on the table. Then walks away and says they will agree to it eventually when they get desperate enough?

Yea. He is getting tendered this year and walking away next year.

Reese puts a value on guys and doesn't over pay them. Sorry Cruz.
    Massive contract? Where do you read that?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Fine print I guess.......so fine most of us can't see it.
    No one remembers who came in second.

C'mon man, who puts the giants out to dry like that? That is a classless prima donna move. sure he plays well. but no man is above the team.
    Formerly Brandon Jacobs

Quote Originally Posted by giant-4-life View Post
    C'mon man, who puts the giants out to dry like that? That is a classless prima donna move. sure he plays well. but no man is above the team.
    What are you talking about?

What are you talking about?
    Here we have RF demonstrating the patience of Job.
    No one remembers who came in second.

You have a link in your very own thread with the headline "CRUZ WANTS BIG RAISE"! What does that mean if not a big contract extension?
    BIG RAISE sure as hell doesn't mean home team discount!

I think Cruz is a product if our system... There is no doubt that he is an amazing player... But I think the "option route" he has is something that A. other teams dont run (at least I think) as often and B. to be effective at that he must be on the same page with the QB...

I know the probown means nothing but he had Brees playing QB and wasnt even looked at unti Eli came in... I really think his value on another team will be high but I dont see him as effective anywhere unless he goes to a team with an Elite QB... And then the $ he is asking may not be meet as there is caps on every team...

I hope he stays in NY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Bruno View Post
    I think Cruz is a product if our system... There is no doubt that he is an amazing player... But I think the "option route" he has is something that A. other teams dont run (at least I think) as often and B. to be effective at that he must be on the same page with the QB...

I know the probown means nothing but he had Brees playing QB and wasnt even looked at unti Eli came in... I really think his value on another team will be high but I dont see him as effective anywhere unless he goes to a team with an Elite QB... And then the $ he is asking may not be meet as there is caps on every team...

I hope he stays in NY!!!
    As for the Pro Bowl, he set a record of 10 catches and that was from three QBs. I know all about the Pro Bowl being a beauty pageant but when you think back to the days when it was all player driven, it's interesting, at least, that he set the record for the most catches. The man has talent.