+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 94 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: We're not keeping Cruz, no way.

Giants' Victor Cruz Says There's Been No Movement In Contract Talks

http://www.giants101.com/2013/01/31/...ontract-talks/

Excerpt: "One of the New York Giants' top priorities this offseason is to come to a contractual agreement with wide receiver Victor Cruz, who is slated to become a Restricted Free Agent (RFA) in March. And although the two sides have periodically attempted to work on finalizing a new deal, they are no closer now than they were during the season when negotiations were initially tabled.

While appearing on SiriusXM NFL Radio on Thursday morning, Cruz revealed that there has been no progress, and that he and his agent are patiently waiting for the Giants to return with a counter-offer.

"We're just waiting for them to come back to us," Cruz said. “I’m not getting antsy at all … I know they have to come around at some point.” Read more...

Cruz wants big raise - Mara says no $$$$$ any time soon
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/giants-...1RgxMAzvzQtDMD

Since the cap is tighter than a nun's privates , we are in trouble.

Cruz also not ruling out a hold out wants 10mil per.

(i think he earned a big contract playing for below 400k for 2 seasons. )

Last edited by RoanokeFan; 02-02-2013 at 04:29 PM.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

So Cruz puts a massive contract on the table. Then walks away and says they will agree to it eventually when they get desperate enough?

Yea. He is getting tendered this year and walking away next year.

Reese puts a value on guys and doesn't over pay them. Sorry Cruz.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    So Cruz puts a massive contract on the table. Then walks away and says they will agree to it eventually when they get desperate enough?

Massive contract? Where do you read that?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post

You know this how..........
    Get well soon 80.

Just don't lose Beatty... that's all I ask for.

Thank you Reddit for the best gif ever.

I admittedly don't know a lot about the inner workings of professional football. I do know about contract negotiations. This is how it usually works. One side presents a proposal, the other side laughs out loud and says we can't give you the moon. The original proposer says well then we want the sun and the stars, and the other side say we'll consider the sun and half of the stars....... Each side knows going in the line they will not cross. When that point is reached by either side, sabres rattle.

It's a process, it takes time, they have time.
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 01-31-2013 at 12:48 PM.

# 80

Giants better get to damn work. Cruz is the real deal. I said that last year and everyone was all like "It was just one year though." Well, now its 2 years in a row. He is our best WR because Nicks CAN NOT STAY HEALTHY! Id rather use Randle to replace Nicks. Cruz's are hard to find. Dude is humble, and well spoken, and a hell of a WR. This would be like losing Steve Smith all over again. There goes Eli's security blanket.
    "It wasnt Eli's fault he threw that interception"

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Just don't lose Beatty... that's all I ask for.
    You're easy

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    You're easy
    You think that's easy... I want to draft Lane Johnson... Also if it weren't a cap hell situation I would cut Baas and draft a C in round 2.

Call me old school but for me it all starts with the lines. Give Eli time to throw and he will make anyone look like an all-pro. Look at what he did in the pro bowl with just that extra second to throw. Look at what he can do with BARDEN THE TERRIBLE in carolina.
    Last edited by Toadofsteel; 01-31-2013 at 12:57 PM.

Thank you Reddit for the best gif ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    You think that's easy... I want to draft Lane Johnson... Also if it weren't a cap hell situation I would cut Baas and draft a C in round 2...
    I know Baas is not well loved, but I don't think he's as big a problem as we think. I am with you +10 on a RT at #1 or 2 and even a RG later in the draft. I see the OLine as a unit more than any other group of players on the team. When you have a weak ling (Diehl) it adversely affects the rest of the line on that side of the ball. So Lane Johnson would be a great pick up for us.

# 80

+ Reply to Thread