+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 94 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: We're not keeping Cruz, no way.

Quote Originally Posted by egyptian420 View Post
    I'd be very surprised if we drafted a QB, RB, or WR
    I'll give you QB
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    You are making assumptions. Who has agreed to disagree? Who has walked away?
    Cruz said they agreed to disagree and both sides walked away. Then in this article he says "we are waiting for them to come back to us"

And which side walked away is not important. The fact that they are so far apart that either side felt the need to walk away is.

I think things will pickup after the combine. The fo needs to get a handle on our key FA and see what funds they'll have. Just my guess

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Doesn't matter who made the first offer. When the team and player "agree to disagree" on the contract and walk away from it then clearly they are not in the same ballpark when it comes to numbers.
    It really doesn't matter...he's a restricted free agent so there's no rush to sign him. Highly doubt anyone will pay the high price for Cruz as a restricted free agent. They could take all of next year to come up with a contract for the long term.

Doesn't matter who made the first offer. When the team and player "agree to disagree" on the contract and walk away from it then clearly they are not in the same ballpark when it comes to numbers.
    I f I was Cruz, I wouldn't take an offer like Antonio Brown got. Its rigged to get low salary early and all the big money comes at the end. He will undoubtedly be asked to rework that then or be released.
    He got essentailly $9MM guaranteed (including $540,000 last year) and about $4.5MM this coming year. Then up to 6MM the next two seasons. After that, all bets are off.
    Get well soon 80.

Bennett is also the best TE FA this year too. Our receiving targets aren't coming cheap.

Because if he put a reasonable contract on the table the giants would have kept talking. They wouldn't have agreed to disagree unless they are very far apart numbers wise.
    Team Cruz should be putting an offer out that they are absolutely certain will not be accepted.
    The Giants initial counter should be less than they know Cruz will accept, but not insulting.

and then it goes back and forth until both sides can live with it or it blows up.

I am always pissed if my first offer is accepted...I instantly know I could have done better
    This space for rent

Quote Originally Posted by hadenough View Post
    It really doesn't matter...he's a restricted free agent so there's no rush to sign him. Highly doubt anyone will pay the high price for Cruz as a restricted free agent. They could take all of next year to come up with a contract for the long term.
    Well if Cruz plays next season as a RFA he is far more likely to walk when that season ends. That's the incentive for the giants to lock him up long term

Quote Originally Posted by Delicreep View Post
    Team Cruz should be putting an offer out that they are absolutely certain will not be accepted.
    The Giants initial counter should be less than they know Cruz will accept, but not insulting.

and then it goes back and forth until both sides can live with it or it blows up.

I am always pissed if my first offer is accepted...I instantly know I could have done better
    Yeah...I think Slippy is being a bit naive here.
    Get well soon 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Delicreep View Post
    Team Cruz should be putting an offer out that they absolutely certain will not be accepted.

Right. And they talked for a little while, got the structure of it done. Then there was seemingly no movement on price.

So both sides agreed to disagree and walked away.

I would assume if they were relatively close, let's say 2-3 million per year it isn't overly significant and they could continue talking. But 5+ is a non starter.

But Reese has made it very clear with his own FAs that he offers them what he believes to be a fair deal and if the players don't take it, he lets them walk.

+ Reply to Thread