+ Reply to Thread
Page 86 of 94 FirstFirst ... 36768485868788 ... LastLast
Results 851 to 860 of 935

Thread: We're not keeping Cruz, no way.

  1. #851
    I agree that you need to do what you need to do to lock up WRs of that caliber to an extent. As people have said JR will not overpay and has a top of the line number set for both of them. We all know he will not under any circumstances go above those numbers. We all need to be prepared to lose one or both of them at some point. He feels he was able to bring in guys like SS, nicks, MM and Cruz and prob feels he can do it again under vet min or rookie contracts from new draft picks. He will let them walk. Eli and maybe JPP are only players truely safe at this point
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

    # of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

    1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

    Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

    ***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

  2. #852
    Oh and if Eli really wants to keep these to guys in the fold all he has to do is take a Huge pay cut. He needs to anyway the 20+ Million left in each of next few seasons will cripple this team. He has to know that, and if he wants to win another ring or two prior to retirement he will need to make a compromise and give up some of his money
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

    # of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

    1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

    Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

    ***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

  3. #853
    Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    Oh and if Eli really wants to keep these to guys in the fold all he has to do is take a Huge pay cut. He needs to anyway the 20+ Million left in each of next few seasons will cripple this team. He has to know that, and if he wants to win another ring or two prior to retirement he will need to make a compromise and give up some of his money
    Who in their right mind would do that? Yeah, why don't you just pay the guy a buck since clearly playing QB is just a hobby for him?

  4. #854
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Can you prove he is asking for $10M?
    Told ya . There's misconception out there how much Cruz is asking and people are getting sour. I guess having Nicks prioritized is fueling that rumor.

  5. #855
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    98,205
    Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    Oh and if Eli really wants to keep these to guys in the fold all he has to do is take a Huge pay cut. He needs to anyway the 20+ Million left in each of next few seasons will cripple this team. He has to know that, and if he wants to win another ring or two prior to retirement he will need to make a compromise and give up some of his money
    LOL That's not going to happen. It's a business, Eli is entitled to every penny in his contract. He (or any player) doesn't even have to be worth it. Eli did not hold a gun to their heads when they entered into his current contract. If he shold ever get to the point where he's a detriment to the team they can release him and deal with the residual CAP fallout then.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


  6. #856
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    98,205
    Quote Originally Posted by AllHailEli View Post
    Told ya . There's misconception out there how much Cruz is asking and people are getting sour. I guess having Nicks prioritized is fueling that rumor.
    The news media started it and no amount of logic can persuade some folks that we don't really know what Cruz is asking for. John Mara said Cruz is asking for "too much, right now." He went on to say that's what agents do, blah, blah blah.

    Cruz deserves a fair contract based on his skills and his record to date. None of us know what that means to the Giants. I think Reese will make a respectable offer, knowing he can rely on the tender to make Cruz stay for 2013. It's a process and we need to wait for the shoes to drop. It won't be long before we know exactly what they are going to do.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


  7. #857
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    LOL That's not going to happen. It's a business, Eli is entitled to every penny in his contract. He (or any player) doesn't even have to be worth it. Eli did not hold a gun to their heads when they entered into his current contract. If he shold ever get to the point where he's a detriment to the team they can release him and deal with the residual CAP fallout then.
    i realize what you and others are saying. But doess it really matter if he has 20 a year or say 15 a year if it means helping re signing two of the guys that could help him win more titles
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

    # of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

    1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

    Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

    ***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

  8. #858
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    98,205
    Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    i realize what you and others are saying. But doess it really matter if he has 20 a year or say 15 a year if it means helping re signing two of the guys that could help him win more titles
    It's a contractual agreement, legally binding. Eli has been identified as THE FRANCHISE, rightly or wrongly. They have no one on the roster or on the horizon, as far as we know, who can effectively take his place. The organization went into his negotiation with their eyes open, knowing this CAP hell could result. Here we are and now Reese has to modify his usual process by releasing high rent players. So far, so good.
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 02-09-2013 at 03:28 PM.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


  9. #859
    All-Pro joemorrisforprez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    11,334
    The Giants have all the leverage here.

    Cruz will re-sign, and he'll get a nice deal.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

    - Emlen Tunnell

  10. #860
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    98,205
    Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    The Giants have all the leverage here. Cruz will re-sign, and he'll get a nice deal.
    let's hope
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts