+ Reply to Thread
Page 91 of 94 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293 ... LastLast

Thread: We're not keeping Cruz, no way.

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    No argument there. My point is that he certainly didn't step up. Nobody did (except the guy that scored the TD and then saw one ****ing carry for the rest of the game).
    Cruz stunk it up in the last three games, especially the Ravens and Falcons. 21 and 15 yards in those two games. With the whole league watching he faded away , and couldn't get open. He lost any hope he had of any team looking at him for a number 1 receiver. His only hope of gettng anywhere near the contract he wants is if a team already has a solid #1, and lots of salary cap for an over priced #2. The Giants are really in the cat birds seat here. They don't have to make a huge offer to keep him like they might if he was a UFA, and if some other team pony's up a reasonable number in the middle somewhere the Giants can sign him for that and he can't complain because that's his market value. If some other team gets stupid and goes for a big number, the Giants get a first round pick. They really can't lose.

Quote Originally Posted by NorwoodBlue View Post
    Cruz stunk it up in the last three games, especially the Ravens and Falcons. 21 and 15 yards in those two games. With the whole league watching he faded away , and couldn't get open. He lost any hope he had of any team looking at him for a number 1 receiver. His only hope of gettng anywhere near the contract he wants is if a team already has a solid #1, and lots of salary cap for an over priced #2. The Giants are really in the cat birds seat here. They don't have to make a huge offer to keep him like they might if he was a UFA, and if some other team pony's up a reasonable number in the middle somewhere the Giants can sign him for that and he can't complain because that's his market value. If some other team gets stupid and goes for a big number, the Giants get a first round pick. They really can't lose.
    Eli has a lot to do with the potency of the offense from game to game.

In the Falcons' game he threw for 161 yards and in the Ravens's game, 150 yards

We sucked all around in those two games
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

This thread is incredibly annoying. If you don't realize Cruz is an elite WR, you don't know jack about football.

Quote Originally Posted by moosedrool View Post
    This thread is incredibly annoying. If you don't realize Cruz is an elite WR, you don't know jack about football.
    Everyone has an opinion
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by The_ One View Post
    Cruz was not the same player without Nicks on the field, he needs another good wideout on the other side to be real successful.
    And a healthy Nicks wouldn't be the same player without Cruz on the other side. You need two studs and a pretty good 3rd WR to win in this league.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Can you prove he is asking for $10M?
    Absoulutley not.. I'm just basing it on whats been said around here.. Obviously, my tune would change drastically if hes asking for cheaper money, but i highly doubt it..

Quote Originally Posted by Rat_bastich View Post
    You have to admit it was kind of silly to expect Cruz to duplicate the numbers he had the year prior. You are comparing a season where you had a slew of 5000 yard passers to a season where there was one 5000 yard passer in Brees (which is the norm and not the exception)and a few that got close. I still say the 2011 season was a product of the lockout and defenses coming late to the season. Back to Cruz though, he still had an impressive season with a good YAC, number of yards and even touchdowns.

Now I agree that $10 million dollars would be a hefty price to pay and think the Giants may not even entertain something that high. But, Cruz has become an integral part of the team and deserves some compensation.
    Ya, there could be reasons to why Cruz's numbers dropped, but just as players would use there production in negotiations, u gotta be able to use it for the FO as well.. 500yrds is a ton of yrds to drop, and he barley was a 1000yrd WR last yr... He floundered down the stretch bigtime as well...

Again, there is no one bigger fan of Cruz then i am, as i knew about this kid for yrs before he was a GIANT, and i certainly want him back, but not for 10mill per, if that is true.. To much of a team sport to be paying guys wirth 2yrs of production 10mil per.. Guranteed it would haunt us... Alot of guys stats have just as much to do with Gameplanning and playcalling, and the way ur teammates are playing at there said positons, as it does with the player asking for the money.. For instance, u put Cruz on Clevland, and who knows if hes even being asked to stay with them, let alone get possibly 10mill per..

I'm sticking with my opinion that very few in the NFL are worth 10mil per... As much as i would love to have cruz, i wouldent miss him even alittle if he signed for 10mill per with someone else.. I'd simply sit back and watch the contract become a albotrose with his new team...

Quote Originally Posted by moosedrool View Post
    And a healthy Nicks wouldn't be the same player without Cruz on the other side. You need two studs and a pretty good 3rd WR to win in this league.
    Nicks would be a beast regardless of who is on the other side. In fact, that's what makes Nicks so good. He can be double covered and still consistently either get open or make a play while covered up. It's a trait very few in the NFL have.

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Nicks would be a beast regardless of who is on the other side. In fact, that's what makes Nicks so good. He can be double covered and still consistently either get open or make a play while covered up. It's a trait very few in the NFL have.
    Not to mention, Rueben Randle flashed enough to think hes got a bright future going forward.. I ddin't care for the Randle pick much, but he impressed me for a rookie... Randle is kinda insurance for the giants in the cruz negotiations, i believe..

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Nicks can also get "nicked" pretty easily. Some players know how to avoid getting hurt. Some players have body types susceptible to getting hurt. Nicks is the latter. Is he really good when healthy? Yes. But his best year is 1192 yards. When he learns how to stay healthy and play 16 games effectively, I'll crown him. Not until then.

+ Reply to Thread