+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast

Thread: We're not keeping Cruz, no way.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    Inteesting and appropriate that Nicks is our first priority at WR.
    This will likely mean Cruz will be sent on his way in 2014 so we need to bring some folks along
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

All-Pro
    When he is healthy he puts up top 10, maybe even top 5 numbers. That's the problem though, he is injured a lot. However, if he can stay healthy and Randle also becomes the same type of WR they have JJ that will benefit greatly. Not saying it will be easy to replace Cruz, but you can see the strategy here.

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    wow, heres a curveball situation i kinda just thought of; could it be possible and make more sense fiscally to actually get nicks deal done now, and then cruz's next season/offseason???
    Coming off a season like he did, Nicks should come cheaper in theory but it's also very possible that the Giants FO feels it can make more progress with Nicks' agent at the current moment than they can with Cruz. There is a legitimate case to be made that Nicks is the better of the two in the Giants mind because of what he did in the SB run and that an offseason of rest will see him return as the beast he was then. We all remember what he did in TB and if not for the injuries, who knows how big of a season he could have had for us.

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    wow, heres a curveball situation i kinda just thought of; could it be possible and make more sense fiscally to actually get nicks deal done now, and then cruz's next season/offseason???
    That depends on Cruz. He will get tendered which is really a slap in the face, financially speaking. He can only make $2.879M in 2013 and, even if you hate Cruz, that's not commensurate with his skills. It will be interesting to see how this all plays out. This is a shot across the bow for Cruz. It will be interesting to see how they respond. I just don't see him playing here in 2014.

He will lose a minimum of $5M due to the tender. There isn't going to be a lot more money available next season to make the CAP more friendly.
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 02-03-2013 at 12:09 PM.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Banned
    I am glad to see that our FO is locking up the necessary pieces to keep this train moving, as others have said we want Cruz around but I think locking up Nicks should have priority over locking up Cruz.

Quote Originally Posted by ShakeandBake View Post
    I am glad to see that our FO is locking up the necessary pieces to keep this train moving, as others have said we want Cruz around but I think locking up Nicks should have priority over locking up Cruz.
    Cruz will find a home someplace when he's an UFA

I wonder if they are considering trading Cruz??

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I wonder if they are considering trading Cruz??
    I doubt it. We'll probably milk out Cruz for his value and if he doesn't want to give us a more fair contract in the eyes of the FO, he'll be allowed to look for a new team. If Cruz puts out another 1k season, that will have been some damn good value the last 3 years.

Bench Player
    i've always said to my friend that Nicks is more important to this offense then cruz, just look how inconsistent our offense was without him.

problem is Nicks gotta stay healthy,

Eh boy.. Worry about Nicks next year, need to lock up Cruz

+ Reply to Thread