+ Reply to Thread
Page 78 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast

Thread: We're not keeping Cruz, no way.

Loyalty only goes so far in a business. Guys put their bodies on the line and expect compensation. If they can get the most that is offered then it is in their best interests to take it. Loyalty is usually not loyalty in a sense that they are their for the organization or team but for what are their best chances to win a championship and raise their value. That is why so many players want to renegotiate contracts after Super Bowl wins or statistically superior seasons.

I don't blame any player for taking the money and running. Just say good things about your team and move on.

All that being said, no one but the Giants, Cruz and his agents know what has been offered. But, look at recent events and cuts and I think that besides the fact the Giants need to have money to sign rookies this year, the other reason Reese is cutting salary like a mad man is to be able to sign Cruz. Like I said in another thread....I would be surprised if you see Cruz in anything other than a Giants' uniform this year.
    Last edited by Rat_bastich; 02-08-2013 at 04:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Well how do you define "good"? How many teams have bad receivers?
    A good receiver Cruz, bad receiver right now, Braylon Edwards. Look at productions from last year.

Quote Originally Posted by JJC7301 View Post
    I want to keep either Cruz or Nicks, but not both because it'll be too much money wrapped up at WR. Nicks is the better receiver, but gets injured to easily.

I'd love to keep both, but not with a cap because money needs to be spent elsewhere as well.
    The team and Eli are better with both Nicks and Cruz on the field. I think they get them both, back loading one of them
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    So Cruz puts a massive contract on the table. Then walks away and says they will agree to it eventually when they get desperate enough?

Yea. He is getting tendered this year and walking away next year.

Reese puts a value on guys and doesn't over pay them. Sorry Cruz.
    U cant pay a slot receiver 10 million no matter how explosive he is. Draft Stedman Bailey from WV he will give the Giants similar production on a rookie deal. I think they can almost plug and play a slot receiver in this offense.

All-Pro
    Seriously, wouldn't it be better to just delete entire threads than just mashing them together?

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Seriously, wouldn't it be better to just delete entire threads than just mashing them together?
    I think so. Should put a stop to duplicates immediately

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    U cant pay a slot receiver 10 million no matter how explosive he is. Draft Stedman Bailey from WV he will give the Giants similar production on a rookie deal. I think they can almost plug and play a slot receiver in this offense.
    I agree.. As much as i love Victor Cruz, i think alot of his skills and production hinder on our Oline and ELI"s arm.. Meaning, u put a solid WR on this offense, theres a chance hes gonna do very well, being we got a pocket passing QB and usually a solid pass blocking Oline..

Theres plenty of WR's out tehre, that could run a solid slot for us, while we put Rueben Randle on the outside along with Nicks... Robert Woods perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Massive contract? Where do you read that?
    You have a link in your very own thread with the headline "CRUZ WANTS BIG RAISE"! What does that mean if not a big contract extension?
    BIG RAISE sure as hell doesn't mean home team discount!

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    And what makes you think that Nicks will have the litany of issues he had this year next?
    There's no way of knowing with any certainty, however history would suggest he might miss a game or two
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

All-Pro
    Don't forget about JJ. He was just drafted 2 seasons ago. Maybe they see him a replacement should Cruz leave.

+ Reply to Thread