+ Reply to Thread
Page 90 of 94 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192 ... LastLast

Thread: We're not keeping Cruz, no way.

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    Valid question... but once tendered Cruz doesn't have an option if the Giants decide to match, Giants have the first right of refusal. But, your point is well made... we are basically saying the same thing
    I got it. Initially, I thought it was up to the WR to choose in all situations, but I guess that's only for an UFA.

Quote Originally Posted by PRGiant View Post
    Just pointing out that the Giants have the leverage really. I hope they signed both long term...
    They do, unless another team coughs up a 1st rounder and long term contract the Giants can't match
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

I'd be curious if any NFL team has matched a first round tender for a WR recently.

As much as I love Cruz, I think an extra first round pick would soften the blow if some team actually stole him.

But, I don't see any team throwing insane money at Cruz, and then using a 1st round pick as well......I look at what happened down the stretch this season as a good barometer of Cruz's overall value...... when Nicks went down, Cruz disappeared against Atlanta and the Ravens.

Cruz is "Steve Smith + "...... but he's not the best receiver in the game....I think he's one of the best #2 WR's in the game, and that's very important....but not worth top dollar in the NFL.
    Last edited by joemorrisforprez; 02-10-2013 at 12:42 PM.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Bench Player
    No one seems to think Jennings will get franchised in Green Bay. Same with Wallace, who played last year on a first round tender because no team would pay him and a first. Dwayne Bowe just played on the franchise tag, and most likely won't get franchised again.

Those are three wide receivers who have been #1's and won't cost additional assets.

I'm not sure what would make anyone think Cruz wouldn't be a Giant next year at the very least.

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    I'd be curious if any NFL team has matched a first round tender for a WR recently.

As much as I love Cruz, I think an extra first round pick would soften the blow if some team actually stole him.

But, I don't see any team throwing insane money at Cruz, and then using a 1st round pick as well......I look at what happened down the stretch this season as a good barometer of Cruz's overall value...... when Nicks went down, Cruz disappeared against Atlanta and the Ravens.

Cruz is "Steve Smith + "...... but he's not the best receiver in the game....I think he's one of the best #2 WR's in the game, and that's very important....but not worth top dollar in the NFL.
    I'm not sure you can blame Cruz for the lack of offense in those two games.
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 02-10-2013 at 03:39 PM.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I'm not sure you can blame Cruz for the lack of offense in those two games.
    I'm certainly not going to call him the goat of that game. But the blame goes around. The only guy who showed up (Wilson) got stuck back on the bench, while the supposed go-to guys (Cruz) went nowhere.

I'm convinced those two 2 games made a huge impression on Reese.
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 02-10-2013 at 03:39 PM.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

I'm certainly not going to call him the goat of that game. But the blame goes around. The only guy who showed up (Wilson) got stuck back on the bench, while the supposed go-to guys (Cruz) went nowhere.

I'm convinced those two 2 games made a huge impression on Reese.
    Eli has a lot to do with the potency of the offense from game to game.

In the Falcons' game he threw for 161 yards and in the Ravens's game, 150 yards

We sucked all around in those two games
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 02-10-2013 at 03:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Eli has a lot to do with the potency of the offense from game to game.

In the Falcons' game he threw for 161 yards and in the Ravens's game, 150 yards

We sucked all around in those two games
    No argument there. My point is that he certainly didn't step up. Nobody did (except the guy that scored the TD and then saw one ****ing carry for the rest of the game).

- Emlen Tunnell

No argument there. My point is that he certainly didn't step up. Nobody did (except the guy that scored the TD and then saw one ****ing carry for the rest of the game).
    They got behind so quickly they were trying to catch up with the passing game which was non-existent. They tired a change of pace with Lumpkin who played relatively well for being on the team for such a short period of time. Nothing worked, in both of those games we had the ball on offense for about 21 minutes. You aren't going to win games that way no matter what.

This kind of situation is a consecuence of bad judge for eg the contract to TT was madness, please dont misunderstood i love Resse, but the year after win the SB he take questionable decisions.

I hope we can keep Cruz into the team.

+ Reply to Thread