+ Reply to Thread
Page 93 of 94 FirstFirst ... 438391929394 LastLast

Thread: We're not keeping Cruz, no way.

Quote Originally Posted by StrahanSoup92 View Post
    Theres no way we dont keep cruz. No way. They will make a deal, you will see.

He wont get 10 mil either.
    I really hope you are right but I think you are wrong. There are a lot of free agents that need to be signed and both Nicks and Cruz are due big pay days + New draft picks. The Giants are in pretty bad cap shape. I know this might be blasphemy to many members here but I would be estatic with a mid round 1 draft pick in exchange for Cruz this year since I think he is gone next year.

Don't get me wrong, I love what Cruz has brought to this team and would love to keep him but I just don't think they can.

I think Cruz is a product if our system... There is no doubt that he is an amazing player... But I think the "option route" he has is something that A. other teams dont run (at least I think) as often and B. to be effective at that he must be on the same page with the QB...

I know the probown means nothing but he had Brees playing QB and wasnt even looked at unti Eli came in... I really think his value on another team will be high but I dont see him as effective anywhere unless he goes to a team with an Elite QB... And then the $ he is asking may not be meet as there is caps on every team...

I hope he stays in NY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Bruno View Post
    I think Cruz is a product if our system... There is no doubt that he is an amazing player... But I think the "option route" he has is something that A. other teams dont run (at least I think) as often and B. to be effective at that he must be on the same page with the QB...

I know the probown means nothing but he had Brees playing QB and wasnt even looked at unti Eli came in... I really think his value on another team will be high but I dont see him as effective anywhere unless he goes to a team with an Elite QB... And then the $ he is asking may not be meet as there is caps on every team...

I hope he stays in NY!!!
    As for the Pro Bowl, he set a record of 10 catches and that was from three QBs. I know all about the Pro Bowl being a beauty pageant but when you think back to the days when it was all player driven, it's interesting, at least, that he set the record for the most catches. The man has talent.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

I hope he stays in NY!!!
    Pretty sure the option is present in a good amout of teams, but not to the extent of KG's offense. I think it was real early this season there was a thread on comparing the Giants O now to the old run and shoot where it was noted that in KG's system now, each of the receivers - X, Y and Z have 3 options to choose from on any given play.

I think getting to the probowl is a negotiation point, but performance in a probowl - in a game they are considering doing away with entirely becuase of a lack of effort, no way. Rack up 300 yards in a PB, i dont care, its not going to inflate your contract from an owners perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    As for the Pro Bowl, he set a record of 10 catches and that was from three QBs. I know all about the Pro Bowl being a beauty pageant but when you think back to the days when it was all player driven, it's interesting, at least, that he set the record for the most catches. The man has talent.
    Ill be really upset if he leaves... Yea I hate to make a comparison with the Pro Bowl but Eli I think completed 6-8 of those 10 passes to him... My point is I think Eli and him have a great chemistry... Its like they are in eachothers mind!!! All i can think about is that bowm in the Skins game at the end... That was a classic example of the chemistry and play recognition... I do feel an Elite QB could keep VC at the top but not just any QB... Well see for sure though!!!

Ill be really upset if he leaves... Yea I hate to make a comparison with the Pro Bowl but Eli I think completed 6-8 of those 10 passes to him... My point is I think Eli and him have a great chemistry... Its like they are in eachothers mind!!! All i can think about is that bowm in the Skins game at the end... That was a classic example of the chemistry and play recognition... I do feel an Elite QB could keep VC at the top but not just any QB... Well see for sure though!!!
    I think Eli made 5 of those, maybe six. My point is he set a record that had stood for some time. Cruz has talent. If we can't take advantage of it due to the CAP, then we can't. Life goes on. But if we are really serious about getting to the Super Bowl in 2014, it would be to our best interests to have him on the final 53.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by JB456 View Post
    I really hope you are right but I think you are wrong. There are a lot of free agents that need to be signed and both Nicks and Cruz are due big pay days + New draft picks. The Giants are in pretty bad cap shape. I know this might be blasphemy to many members here but I would be estatic with a mid round 1 draft pick in exchange for Cruz this year since I think he is gone next year.

Don't get me wrong, I love what Cruz has brought to this team and would love to keep him but I just don't think they can.
    Well. first off, rookies dont get big paydays anymore, so signing draft picks is no longer an issue. That being said, in order to resign cruz more cuts will have to be made, or some friendly restructuring from more Giants players. Either way, I cant see the Giants let go of a franchise WR like cruz. His age and ability make him more valuable than any slot receiver in the league.

The only way I can see him getting let go, is it he is tagged this year, and gets hurt next season, that or he doesnt produce like he has in the last 2 years. If he is the same Cruz again next season, and IMO out most valuable player, hes not going anywhere. Reese is no fool, and he wont just let a player like Cruz go for nothing, no way.

I also wanna say this, for years Ive been on these boards during this time of year, its where I get some good draft info, and every year we have someone who needs to be resigned. Just because its POSSIBLE that Cruz will not be with us in 2 years, does not make it TRUE.
    Last edited by StrahanSoup92; 02-13-2013 at 06:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I think Eli made 5 of those, maybe six. My point is he set a record that had stood for some time. Cruz has talent. If we can't take advantage of it due to the CAP, then we can't. Life goes on. But if we are really serious about getting to the Super Bowl in 2014, it would be to our best interests to have him on the final 53.
    Unless Im mistaken, Cruz has to stay with us for at least one more year. He can be tagged, and kept till the 2014 off season to enter FA. They are in no rush to sign him, they have over a year to do so.

. Either way, I cant see the Giants let go of a franchise WR like cruz. His age and ability make him more valuable than any slot receiver in the league.

As great as Cruz is, he falls just short of being a franchise WR.

Unless Im mistaken, Cruz has to stay with us for at least one more year. He can be tagged, and kept till the 2014 off season to enter FA. They are in no rush to sign him, they have over a year to do so.
    Think Cruz will holdout?

+ Reply to Thread