+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    It's not all for nothing if you're making 10+ million a year. For many players its all about the money. We don't know yet if this is how Cruz is thinking but we'll soon find out.
    Perhaps, but playing in the largest media market in the world is very different from, say Cleveland. Cruz has already benefited from commercial exposure that would dry up in most other markets.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    More posturing
    I'd just hate to see this get to the point where Cruz is riding a bike while the rest of the team practices.

i know u weren't. And if there was a megatron junior in this years draft we should trade up. This a weak WR class, you are right

Quote Originally Posted by DownWitJPP View Post
    I said this also yeterday and got flamed for it...I doubt we go WR in the first, but if another value player like what happened with Reuben Randle drops to us again we are going to draft him. Think about it, there is a possibility that we lose Cruz and Nicks, they both are gonna command big contracts. Even if they stay where is the depth behind them?

Nicks, Cruz, Randle, Jernigan..only receivers currently signed for next season..who is our #5 and # 6 receivers? Barden most likely will not be re-signed and Hixon also might not be re-signed even though i think he has been a good player for us. We need 1 or 2 receivers no matter what way you look at it
    Nicks needs to stay healthy this year or he'll have no leg to stand on. No pun intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    I'd just hate to see this get to the point where Cruz is riding a bike while the rest of the team practices.
    Me too
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Cruz is a restricted FA its very unlikely he is going anywhere. And very few teams would be willing to give up a 1st (Assuming that's his tender) plus the huge amount of money he will get. Teams can always find guys that can catch the football.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Perhaps, but playing in the largest media market in the world is very different from, say Cleveland. Cruz has already benefited from commercial exposure that would dry up in most other markets.
    True, but I kind of think the Salsa is really what made him a household name. Not so much playing in New York.

Nicks needs to stay healthy this year or he'll have no leg to stand on. No pun intended.
    How is that a pun?

Quote Originally Posted by ozzie0075 View Post
    Cruz is a restricted FA its very unlikely he is going anywhere. And very few teams would be willing to give up a 1st (Assuming that's his tender) plus the huge amount of money he will get. Teams can always find guys that can catch the football.
    True, true.
    I thought we had something special!!!

True, but I kind of think the Salsa is really what made him a household name. Not so much playing in New York.
    The exposure is what he benefits from and it's like nowhere else. He wouldn't be the poster boy for Campbells' Soup in Carolina, as an example. Plus his business interests in clothing are also in the fashion capital of the world. He's already done a lot to assure his and his family's future. John Maras "sales pitch" touched on that.