+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    That depends on Cruz. He will get tendered which is really a slap in the face, financially speaking. He can only make $2.879M in 2013 and, even if you hate Cruz, that's not commensurate with his skills. It will be interesting to see how this all plays out. This is a shot across the bow for Cruz. It will be interesting to see how they respond. I just don't see him playing here in 2014.

He will lose a minimum of $5M due to the tender. There isn't going to be a lot more money available next season to make the CAP more friendly.
    I strongly use the word IF

IF Cruz's camp is asking in the 10m range then the slap in the face is all on them. Cruz gets tendered and then who knows maybe he has another season just cracking the 1,000 yard mark. He still wont be getting top 5 money and the Giants offer at that point (even during the season) may actually be the one he takes.
    Last few avatars: Nicks, Bradshaw, Jacobs - who's the next future ex-Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Ruttiger711 View Post
    I strongly use the word IF

IF Cruz's camp is asking in the 10m range then the slap in the face is all on them. Cruz gets tendered and then who knows maybe he has another season just cracking the 1,000 yard mark. He still wont be getting top 5 money and the Giants offer at that point (even during the season) may actually be the one he takes.
    Anything is possible. I will say leaking this tidbit was negotiating genius. If anyone ever thought Reese doesn't know what he's doing, this should dispel those thoughts. He's going to use Nicks' subpar season to the team's advantage and use the negotiations with Nicks to the team's advantage in the Cruz contract talks.

If Cruz in tendered, he should use 2013 as an audition for his UFA debut
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    Eh boy.. Worry about Nicks next year, need to lock up Cruz
    How? Cruz wants too much cash.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondring View Post
    Yea Cruz wants too much, the Giants wants to pay less.. They will meet in the middle
    (1)Aaron Donald, DT Pittsburgh - (2)Jordan Matthews, WR Vanderbilt - (3)Jack Mewhort, OL Ohio State
    (4)Arthur Lynch, TE Georgia - (5)Bryan Stork, C Florida State - (5)Tyler Gaffney, RB Stanford
    (6)Prince Shembo, OLB Notre Dame

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondring View Post
    That's just negotiating posturing. What is asked for is not necessarily what is wanted.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

They probably realize that Cruz is gonna get a huge deal, and that if Nicks comes back healthy and has a great year that they won't afford both. So if they can get a break on Nicks now because his value is down due to the injury, then pay Cruz next year, while Nicks is already locked up.

Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    They probably realize that Cruz is gonna get a huge deal, and that if Nicks comes back healthy and has a great year that they won't afford both. So if they can get a break on Nicks now because his value is down due to the injury, then pay Cruz next year, while Nicks is already locked up.
    No, I think they realize that Nicks is the better receiver.
    No one remembers who came in second.

I wonder if they are considering trading Cruz??
    with this new information on Nicks you never know what teams are thinking!

yea i think trading Cruz is a real 50/50 possibility especially since Mr. Maras comments!

This will likely mean Cruz will be sent on his way in 2014 so we need to bring some folks along
    I didn't think of it that way but if the cap can only absorb one big WR salary, then Nick is the priority assuming both of them are healthy. Locking down Nicks and tendering Cruz gets us through one year to Cruz's departure. That would be disappointing but may be an economic reality. I'd pay money to know how JR and Co. actually break these things down.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Anything is possible. I will say leaking this tidbit was negotiating genius. If anyone ever thought Reese doesn't know what he's doing, this should dispel those thoughts. He's going to use Nicks' subpar season to the team's advantage and use the negotiations with Nicks to the team's advantage in the Cruz contract talks.

If Cruz in tendered, he should use 2013 as an audition for his UFA debut
    I need a little bit of help understanding the rules. If we tender cruz this year and he plays and then walks the next year do we get a first round pick for him? What's the situation where we receive a first rounder for cruz if he walks?