+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 94 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Cruz said they agreed to disagree and both sides walked away. Then in this article he says "we are waiting for them to come back to us"

And which side walked away is not important. The fact that they are so far apart that either side felt the need to walk away is.
    Slip, where did Cruz say they "agreed to disagree." We don't have a clue how far apart they might be, nor do we know anyone walked away. Reese, as you pointed out, can simply put a tender on Cruz. When/if that happens, then you can say the team "walked away" from negotiations. You've put Cruz's offer higher than anyone else at $13 - 15M. The franchise tag for a WR is $10+M.

Again, these are all assumptions.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Wouldn't Cruz's agent want to at the very least see what offers are put on the table from other teams? Since other teams can't make offers yet, the negotitations with the Giants aren't going to move along.
    Do not feed the trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I f I was Cruz, I wouldn't take an offer like Antonio Brown got. Its rigged to get low salary early and all the big money comes at the end. He will undoubtedly be asked to rework that then or be released.
    He got essentailly $9MM guaranteed (including $540,000 last year) and about $4.5MM this coming year. Then up to 6MM the next two seasons. After that, all bets are off.
    I didn't say anything about the structure of Browns deal. Just the total value.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I f I was Cruz, I wouldn't take an offer like Antonio Brown got. Its rigged to get low salary early and all the big money comes at the end. He will undoubtedly be asked to rework that then or be released.
    He got essentailly $9MM guaranteed (including $540,000 last year) and about $4.5MM this coming year. Then up to 6MM the next two seasons. After that, all bets are off.
    Interesting insight. I can't disagree but I would say that Antonio's and Victor's situations aren't exactly the same. I figure Cruz is making tons on endorsements, book sales....etc. He is much more marketable than Antonio Brown.

Just more perspective.
    Quote Originally Posted by PBTimmons View Post
    This. Pugh is not happening. Not. Happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Wouldn't Cruz's agent want to at the very least see what offers are put on the table from other teams? Since other teams can't make offers yet, the negotitations with the Giants aren't going to move along.
    Other teams can't make offers to him until after the RFA deadline has passed if Cruz got a tender offer.

Well if Cruz plays next season as a RFA he is far more likely to walk when that season ends. That's the incentive for the giants to lock him up long term
    On this I agree. If they tender Cruz, in essence getting him to play for one year at chump change, he's being slapped in the face. So he needs to suck it up, play lights out, and go elsewhere in 2014 where his talents would be properly compensated. If the reason Reese can't pay a fair market amount is the CAP, so be it. If he just wants to get Cruz cheap for another year, that's pathetic IMO. I don't think Reese will do that. I think he will make a legitimate offer.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Probably but I doubt they will get anything too far out of the ballpark of realism since they'll have to surrender a 1st rounder too. Very hard to win those sort of deals when you drop $10mil kind of cash and give up a potentially valuable future player.

Yes, Reese is the one who shouldn't want that to happen

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Slip, where did Cruz say they "agreed to disagree." We don't have a clue how far apart they might be, nor do we know anyone walked away. Reese, as you pointed out, can simply put a tender on Cruz. When/if that happens, then you can say the team "walked away" from negotiations. You've put Cruz's offer higher than anyone else at $13 - 15M. The franchise tag for a WR is $10+M.

Again, these are all assumptions.
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...y5X4hlk8iHHhpw

As for the numbers, Calvin Johnson gets $16 a year. Fitz gets $15.
    As I said. Upper high end is $15 a year or more.

Cruz I would think wants somewhere around 13 or so. Maybe a bit less like $12

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...y5X4hlk8iHHhpw

As for the numbers, Calvin Johnson gets $16 a year. Fitz gets $15.
    As I said. Upper high end is $15 a year or more.

Cruz I would think wants somewhere around 13 or so. Maybe a bit less like $12

Still as assumption

# 80