+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 94 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Agree. That's what they may be thinking. Keep Nicks and hope he stays healthy, see Randle become the player they where so happy o draft, and get JJ on the field.
    Let me first say, if I had to choose, I am choosing Nicks. But if you think Randle is going to become a bigtime outside threat kind of like Nicks. Wouldn't Cruz be the guy to keep? I mean we've seen what Cruz and Nicks can do when on the field together. So if Randle can replace Nicks, why not keep Cruz.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    Let me first say, if I had to choose, I am choosing Nicks. But if you think Randle is going to become a bigtime outside threat kind of like Nicks. Wouldn't Cruz be the guy to keep? I mean we've seen what Cruz and Nicks can do when on the field together. So if Randle can replace Nicks, why not keep Cruz.
    Dominant outside threats are harder to come by than slot WR's.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    As I have been saying, Nicks is more valuable to this offense than the slot guy is.

Slot guys are almost plug and play in this system and you can get a 900+ yard guy.

The outside receiver that forces double teams and STILL gets open? Incredibly hard to find.

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Even past getting open when doubled, Nicks can still make the play when covered​.
    Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    Yes he can.
    And that's been my point when I say that Cruz just isn't top dollar material. I'm not saying he's not capable of doing it, because he's shown us that he c an make catches in traffic. But it's not who he is and it's not something you can rely on him for. Back shoulder to Nicks all day any day. Shield off the defender with his body and making the touch catch - Nicks all day. There's a reason why slot guys are paid less.

What bothers me though is that Nicks has issues staying healthy. Not to say he's injury prone, but he's always got something going on hampering his production.

Interesting thought - I think Cruz/Randle duo would be better than Nicks/Randle. If Randle really is a Nicks clone, then we would have 2 WRs bring the same thing to the table. Nicks isn't exact a burner.

Agree. That's what they may be thinking. Keep Nicks and hope he stays healthy, see Randle become the player they where so happy o draft, and get JJ on the field.
    I think they want to keep both Nicks and Cruz, but understand that Nicks is the more impactful player. So as Mr. Mara said (or was it JR..can't remember) They aren't going to break the bank for Cruz. That doesn't mean they don't value him. It just means that Nicks is a higher priority.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I think we have a pretty good idea though that he has a very high floor.
    The question is really can Nicks play an entire season?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I think he can if there is proper rest for his body this offseason and we don't rush anything with him like we did last season. I'm obviously talking from hindsight but we should have trusted our depth instead of putting out a hobbled Nicks who failed to create much separation in his situation.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Can he? Of course.
    Will he? That's a different question. But that question is answered the same way for every NFL player.
    He's missed 9 games in 4 seasons. Its not as bad as some suggest. He's had these damned ankle and foot problems. But even with the missed games, he's been a tremendously impactful player. He's a top 5 WR in this league.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I think they want to keep both Nicks and Cruz, but understand that Nicks is the more impactful player. So as Mr. Mara said (or was it JR..can't remember) They aren't going to break the bank for Cruz. That doesn't mean they don't value him. It just means that Nicks is a higher priority.
    Yeah well they did use a 1st round pick on Nicks. Also, when healthy, he is a game changer.

Watching how physical Bolden was last night, really reminded me of Nicks, and how important he is.

Yeah well they did use a 1st round pick on Nicks. Also, when healthy, he is a game changer.
    I'm not trying to be overly argumentative here, but what does his draft position have to do with anything?
    Should we have given Aaron Ross a huge deal because he was a 1st round pick? Should we discard Victor Cruz with his 2600 yards the past 2 years without any contract offer because he was undrafted?