+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 94 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast
Results 581 to 590 of 935
  1. #581
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    9,313
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I'm not trying to be overly argumentative here, but what does his draft position have to do with anything?Should we have given Aaron Ross a huge deal because he was a 1st round pick? Should we discard Victor Cruz with his 2600 yards the past 2 years without any contract offer because he was undrafted?
    Ross was never that good though. He never played to where he was drafted. Of course whatbCruz has done is great and they won't just discard it. Just saying, Nicks was their first round pick and a game changer. Also, he still has a year and coming off injury they may be able to lock him up a little cheaper right now.

  2. #582
    Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    Watching how physical Bolden was last night, really reminded me of Nicks, and how important he is.
    There's a reason why most of the top paid receivers are physical.

  3. #583
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    39,864
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Ross was never that good though. He never played to where he was drafted. Of course whatbCruz has done is great and they won't just discard it. Just saying, Nicks was their first round pick and a game changer. Also, he still has a year and coming off injury they may be able to lock him up a little cheaper right now.
    But draft status means nothing once a player is established in the league.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  4. #584
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    39,864
    Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    There's a reason why most of the top paid receivers are physical.
    Bolden was the guys Nicks was most compared to when he was a prospect.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  5. #585
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    9,313
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    But draft status means nothing once a player is established in the league.
    True, but all things being even he was their 1st pick. Both have been great for them and both wan to get paid. Honestly, I think Nicks would be harder to replace.

  6. #586
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    9,313
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Bolden was the guys Nicks was most compared to when he was a prospect.
    Yeah, and when they drafted Randle they said he was a bigger version of Nicks.

  7. #587
    All-Pro jomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    16,822
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    The question is really can Nicks play an entire season?
    Can Cruz? It is not as though he has been totally healthy in his 3 years. Nicks's injuries seem a little more severe though and I'd have to put him as a somewhat bigger health question than Cruz. Still if I could take only one of them as is right here and now, it would be Nicks by a small margin.
    No one remembers who came in second.

  8. #588
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Bolden was the guys Nicks was most compared to when he was a prospect.
    Nicks however, is nowhere as durable as Boldin. Broken jaw and and all he was in catching balls. Nicks hasn't played a full season yet.

  9. #589
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    93,124
    Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    And this is where you're wrong. Reese's job is to find talent and find value. When a player far exceeds his value, he's no longer worth keeping on the team. Keeping talent gets you nowhere but salary cap hell.
    That doesn't make sense.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


  10. #590
    All-Pro Moke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    11,905
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    That doesn't make sense.
    What he means is that when a player demands more (exceeds) his value, it's not worth keeping him. I'm pretty sure that's exactly what he means, which is kind of a 'captain obvious' statement.
    Sportswrath.com for football talk and giants talk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts