+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by giantsforce View Post
    Nicks however, is nowhere as durable as Boldin. Broken jaw and and all he was in catching balls. Nicks hasn't played a full season yet.
    Boldin has missed an average of 1.9 games/year in his 10 year career.
    Nicks has missed an average of 2.25 games/year in his 4 years.
    Not exactly a huge difference.
    And quite honestly, Nicks is better.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    Can Cruz? It is not as though he has been totally healthy in his 3 years. Nicks's injuries seem a little more severe though and I'd have to put him as a somewhat bigger health question than Cruz. Still if I could take only one of them as is right here and now, it would be Nicks by a small margin.
    If you're referring to his first year on IR you have to admit that was not because HE was injured to the extent he needed to go on IR. That was because Tynes sprained is ankle and they had to bring in an emergency kicker for a few weeks. Even the NFL was so skeptical they insisted Cruz undergo an independent medical exam. In the two years he has played, he hasn't missed a game.

I know it's popular to suggest Cruz is "scared" to go over the middle, can't catch in traffic, avoids hits, etc. But we've recently seen some film clips that suggest he does all of those things. I don't dispute Nicks may be the more talented of the two on the outside although I honestly don't see a lot of daylight between them. Cruz is effective in the slot or on the outside.

What I think is the most important issue is that Nicks and Cruz complement each other to such an extent that they can be the best receiving tandem in the NFL and that's why I will miss Cruz when he leaves.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Bolden was the guys Nicks was most compared to when he was a prospect.
    and id like to point out that boldin plays primarily out of the slot when they go multiple wr sets. i raise that bc i feel nicks can be used in that same style when nicks gets older and loses a step, meaning, nicks should have a longivity to his career, similar to toomer.

and that also could be important with the cruz aspect bc we all know how effective he is out of the slot. well if nicks could be that effective, albeit in a diff style, wouldnt that hurt cruz's negotiations a little?

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    If you're referring to his first year on IR you have to admit that was not because HE was injured to the extent he needed to go on IR. That was because Tynes sprained is ankle and they had to bring in an emergency kicker for a few weeks. Even the NFL was so skeptical they insisted Cruz undergo an independent medical exam. In the two years he has played, he hasn't missed a game.

I know it's popular to suggest Cruz is "scared" to go over the middle, can't catch in traffic, avoids hits, etc. But we've recently seen some film clips that suggest he does all of those things. I don't dispute Nicks may be the more talented of the two on the outside although I honestly don't see a lot of daylight between them. Cruz is effective in the slot or on the outside.

What I think is the most important issue is that Nicks and Cruz complement each other to such an extent that they can be the best receiving tandem in the NFL and that's why I will miss Cruz when he leaves.
    If?
    No one remembers who came in second.

Wtf last time I posted this thread was at 13 pages; 60 pages now!!!?

It's so easy to find a slot receiver too. No need to overpay a player that can play well in the slot.

If Cruz leaves JJ will step right in.

Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    It's so easy to find a slot receiver too. No need to overpay a player that can play well in the slot.
    If it's so easy, then wouldn't every team have an elite slot receiver?

lol , i like how Roa put my bit about a nuns privates on the first page.
    The pessimist complains about the wind;
    The optimist expects it to change;
    The realist adjusts the sails."
    - William Arthur Ward -

Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    If Cruz leaves JJ will step right in.
    There will be a drop off in production but he will be an adequate replacement. At that point RR would need to step it up for our passing game to be feared.
    No one remembers who came in second.