+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast
Results 621 to 630 of 935
  1. #621
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    9,584
    Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    I think it's a foregone conclusion that the Giants don't expect to keep both.
    Agree. Hope they do, but money talks.

  2. #622
    The problem is Nicks' health. If he's healthy, the Giants have to choose him first. Eli needs a big receiver like Nicks, and a big receiver is hard to find. Giants need Cruz also, but if both are healthy (and you have to assume that Nicks will be next season) you need to go with Nicks as the priority.

  3. #623
    Our future slot receiver ladies and gentlemen. He's such a class act and there will be no problems with him in the Big Apple.

  4. #624
    Quote Originally Posted by AllHailEli View Post
    The problem is Nicks' health. If he's healthy, the Giants have to choose him first. Eli needs a big receiver like Nicks, and a big receiver is hard to find. Giants need Cruz also, but if both are healthy (and you have to assume that Nicks will be next season) you need to go with Nicks as the priority.
    While I agree with you - Nicks is only listed at 6'-1". One inch taller than Cruz. He does play like a big receiver though.
    ...the tortillas are dry...

  5. #625
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    43,878
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruttiger711 View Post
    While I agree with you - Nicks is only listed at 6'-1". One inch taller than Cruz. He does play like a big receiver though.
    Yeah...I was wondering what he meant by "big receiver".
    I mean Nicks isn't small but he's hardly considered a big target.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  6. #626
    Veteran DownWitJPP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    2,134
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Our future slot receiver ladies and gentlemen. He's such a class act and there will be no problems with him in the Big Apple.
    there's a better chance of us aquiring Calvin Johnson in a trade for only a 5th round pick. Titus Young is a bum

  7. #627
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    43,878
    Quote Originally Posted by DownWitJPP View Post
    there's a better chance of us aquiring Calvin Johnson in a trade for only a 5th round pick. Titus Young is a bum
    So you're sayin' there's a chance...
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  8. #628
    Veteran DownWitJPP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    2,134
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    So you're sayin' there's a chance...
    Nicely played..love the dumb & dumber reference. One of my fav movies

  9. #629
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Yeah...I was wondering what he meant by "big receiver".
    I mean Nicks isn't small but he's hardly considered a big target.
    You have big receivers that play small (see the 2013 "GOAT" Randy Moss) and medium receivers who play big--see Nicks.

  10. #630
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    98,104
    Quote Originally Posted by AllHailEli View Post
    The problem is Nicks' health. If he's healthy, the Giants have to choose him first. Eli needs a big receiver like Nicks, and a big receiver is hard to find. Giants need Cruz also, but if both are healthy (and you have to assume that Nicks will be next season) you need to go with Nicks as the priority.
    I understand your point, but Nicks hasn't played a full season yet. That's not to say it can't happen, but it's not yet.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts