The problem is Nicks' health. If he's healthy, the Giants have to choose him first. Eli needs a big receiver like Nicks, and a big receiver is hard to find. Giants need Cruz also, but if both are healthy (and you have to assume that Nicks will be next season) you need to go with Nicks as the priority.
Our future slot receiver ladies and gentlemen. He's such a class act and there will be no problems with him in the Big Apple.
2014 Giants Mock (Assuming Nicks is let go)
1. C.J. Mosley, LB, Alabama
2. Brandon Coleman, WR, Rutgers
3. Louchiez Purifoy, CB, Florida
3. Jackson Jeffcoat, DE, Texas
4. Weston Richburg, C, Colorado State
5. Rashaad Reynolds, CB, Oregon State
6. JaWaun James, OT, Tennessee