+ Reply to Thread
Page 69 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast
    yes I'm worried.. It is reminding me of Jeremy Lin..

Beatty,Cruz,Nicks,and JPP arent going anywhere. I should say as long as they are reasonable. if Cruz wants 10 million he will be gone. If he wants a fair deal 7 or 8 million he will be here

Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    I would hate it....but I'm not worried about it too much. The Giants are freeing up cap space now.
    Yeah, that's my take as well.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Beatty,Cruz,Nicks,and JPP arent going anywhere. I should say as long as they are reasonable. if Cruz wants 10 million he will be gone. If he wants a fair deal 7 or 8 million he will be here
    You think a lot of this cap space being created by Reese is making room for a long term Beatty contract? Nicks is probably in that mix too if we get a new contract written up for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Yes and no. It seems like he should retire a Giant. Local kid that came out of nowhere and has his signature Salsa dance. Like it or not it would look strange for him to do the dance in another uniform. However, no player is bigger than the team and if the money he wants hurts their ability to keep other players then they need to move on. It happens all the time in the world of FA. Everyone though they where in trouble when they lost Smith.
    This is why even though I would LOOOOOOVE for Cruz to play his entire career in blue, it's not the end of the world if he walks...

Insanity, with "Eye of the Tiger" playing in the background, accumulated the highest point total this week and beat Hakeem Nicks 137.95 - 100.75, overcoming an 18.22-point spread.

Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    I would hate it....but I'm not worried about it too much. The Giants are freeing up cap space now.
    Yea Im really not that worried. We have pretty decent depth at WR. I think JJ and Randle can handle the slot just fine if Cruz doesnt return.

Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    Yea Im really not that worried. We have pretty decent depth at WR. I think JJ and Randle can handle the slot just fine if Cruz doesnt return.
    JJ was our designated future at slot WR until Cruz came along... something to keep in mind. Also, I can tell the team would like to use him more as a WR, since towards the end of the season I was seeing 4 WR sets, with Jernigan lining up opposite Cruz.

Insanity, with "Eye of the Tiger" playing in the background, accumulated the highest point total this week and beat Hakeem Nicks 137.95 - 100.75, overcoming an 18.22-point spread.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    +1

Re: Cruz. He's a restricted free agent, so teams aren't going to overpay for him, and give the Giants a high draft pick as well.

Cruz has a ton of talent, but we've also seen what happens to guys who no longer have Eli Manning throwing to them. Steve Smith and Manningham are good examples.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Bench Player
    I dont wanna lose him or Nicks. That's too much talent in our receiving core to give up! The bowl is in NY this year! We need 2 b stronger than ever 2 get to the playoffs and win at home! But as history shows when we lose one ringer we always make another one...Plex gone...Steve Smith emerged....Steve Smith gone....Hakeem emerged...then Victor came out of nowhere....so if Victor goes...._________ emerges? fill in the blank
    Our division is getting tougher every year we need 2 make smart choices or wind up the Eagles of 2012

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I think everyone would be sad to see V Cruz go elsewhere. But if it happens, it won't be the end of the world (or the end of the Giants for that matter.)
    You should speak only for yourself because I couldn't care less. He wants to go, show him the door. They have already had to cut some good players because of money. Cruz needs to wake the f**k up.