+ Reply to Thread
Page 72 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    Rochester, NY Yes Bills contry what can I do its where I live
    I'm just getting the impression we may see a move to a high powered, high scoring offense. I think we will see more vets being released to make space for the skill players. They may have a lot more confidence in the younger linemen, than we know. Maybe they have a line on good draft picks to fix our LB corps and supplement the OL. I think Cruz will get a fair raise and stay. As will Bennett. Then again, he may be gone tomorrow. What the he// do I know. hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by GiantRoc View Post
    I'm just getting the impression we may see a move to a high powered, high scoring offense. I think we will see more vets being released to make space for the skill players. They may have a lot more confidence in the younger linemen, than we know. Maybe they have a line on good draft picks to fix our LB corps and supplement the OL. I think Cruz will get a fair raise and stay. As will Bennett. Then again, he may be gone tomorrow. What the he// do I know. hahaha
    You could be right, but in order to do that, you still need a potent running game and a defense that keeps the other guys off the field.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by GiantRoc View Post
    I'm just getting the impression we may see a move to a high powered, high scoring offense.
    The Giants already run one, or at least try to.

where does it say calvin johnson only made $1.25 mill for 2012? i want to see proof because i dont believe you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. G-Man View Post
    where does it say calvin johnson only made $1.25 mill for 2012? i want to see proof because i dont believe you.
    That's what he made in 2012 but he still had an $11.5 cap hit from bonuses. The highest cap hit for him will be in 2016 when he costs the Lions 23 mil in cap room. It's the price you pay for someone who can potentially be the GOAT at his position.

Realistic? Realistic is you need two stud WR's to win in this league. Nicks year long injuries highlight that fact. Cruz is great in the slot, and on intermediate and long routes. Pay the man.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    That's what he made in 2012 but he still had an $11.5 cap hit from bonuses. The highest cap hit for him will be in 2016 when he costs the Lions 23 mil in cap room. It's the price you pay for someone who can potentially be the GOAT at his position.
    im not trying to ruffle your feathers, but can you link me to the information you're posting? i just can't see how that can be

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. G-Man View Post
    im not trying to ruffle your feathers, but can you link me to the information you're posting? i just can't see how that can be
    http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/detroit-l...alvin-johnson/

Calvin has 50 or so guaranteed, but yes, he only "earned" $1.25 in the season just gone.

its funny the way they play with the numbers to structure a contract